1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Expression of love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Mar 31, 2014.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Jeeva just loved his five year old son Rakesh. Whatever the child demands, he would get it immediately. He was time and again advised by his wife Valli not to do so but he just wouldn’t listen to her. As far as he was concerned, his whole life revolved around Rakesh.

The next day was Rakesh’s birthday. Jeeva had gone to the cake shop nearby his house to order cake. While he was selecting the cake, he received a call on his mobile. It was his wife Valli. “What Valli?” He asked. “Jeeva! Oh Jeeva! Rakesh fell down from the balcony” she cried. “What? What were you doing? If anything happens to the child, I shall take the life out of you” he shouted and drove his bike to his house. Ambulance was already standing at the entrance of his house. He ran inside. Valli came running to him. He became so angry with her and he slapped her hard on her cheek, pushed her and went alongwith the ambulance to the hospital.

They took the child inside the operation theatre. After ten minutes of waiting the doctor came out. “Doctor, how is my child?” Jeeva cried. “The child has lost a lot of blood. We want blood immediately” the doctor replied. “Please doctor, please take any amount of my blood and save the child” he cried. “Come inside”, the doctor took him inside and his blood was tested. “I am sorry Mr. Jeeva. The child’s blood is A negative. Your blood group doesn’t match the child’s blood group”. “My God! Doctor, please arrange the required blood from the blood bank. I can pay whatever amount you demand” he cried desperately. “It is not the question of money. The blood is one of the rare groups. Please try to understand” the doctor replied.

Just then his wife Valli came running inside. “Doctor, my blood is A negative. Please take my blood and save the child” she cried. He turned and saw his wife. Her cheek was swollen and her eyes had become black and small because of his slap. “Come inside immediately” the doctor took his wife and arranged for the blood transfusion. After some time, Valli came out and sat beside him. The child was operated upon. They waited and waited for almost one hour praying God. Then the doctor came out. “The child is out of danger. You can go and see him one by one”. The doctor smiled at them and went away. Valli ran inside. The child opened his eyes, saw her and said “Amma”. “My son! My dear son! She cried and sat beside him. Jeeva came inside. “Rakesh”, he called him. Rakesh opened his eyes and saw his father. Suddenly he started getting convulsions. “Doctor!” Jeeva cried. The doctor came running inside. Again they were sent out. After some time, the doctor came out. “Nothing to worry. He is alright” he said. Again they went inside. Immediately on seeing his father, the child again started getting fits. “Who are you?” he asked Jeeva. “I am the child’s dad”. “Please do not mistake me for saying this. The child had seen you slapping your wife hard when he lost consciousness and the scene has been registered deep in his mind. So he gets shocked when he sees you and gets spasms. He keeps blabbering that his dad had slapped his mom. So please do not go inside till he gets out of the shock”, the doctor told. “But doctor, I love him so much” Jeeva said. “I can understand that but you have to be patient for some more time if you want your child to recover speedily” the doctor said and went away. Valli came out and held his hand. “Don’t worry dear, I shall stay at the hospital and take care of the child. I shall make him understand your love. Please go home and take rest. Tomorrow is Rakesh’s birthday. Please go to some temple and pray for our son” she said. “I am sorry Valli, I know that sorry is a very useless thing to say after all that had happened. I am now able to understand the difference between your expression of love and my expression of love. Please forgive me” Jeeva said with tears in his eyes.
    Valli with her swollen cheek and black eye appeared to him not as a woman but the Goddess herself who had come to save his child and him as well.

2. Ninfa

Ninfa Senior IL'ite

Hi Maalati,
    How hard it is for the males to understand that females too are human beings and they have to treat them in a dignified way. Only a son can teach him that.
    A very beautiful Story Indeed.

3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Yes, Ninfa, they take us for granted and they blame us for everything. Thank you for your fb