1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Exposing A Cheating Husband To His Wife

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sneha1122, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Sneha1122

Sneha1122 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    I am new to Indusladies. I am sure this topic must have been discussed before, but I have a question about the moral dilemmas of knowing something and not telling the wife. I am sure you ladies will have mature insights about such a situation.

I know a person who is cheating on his wife. The wife already knows he is a flirt, so he has shared all his email passwords, phone passwords, etc to keep her happy. On the other hand he is chatting on WhatsApp, deleting all his message history and call log history before going home. Meeting other women behind his wife's back. He calls women to his apartment when his wife and children are away in India for vacation.

The wife probably knows that the man is a flirt, but is somehow convinced that her husband can never cheat on her. OR maybe she knows the truth and chooses to ignore him. I really don't know.

Should this innocent woman be told the truth? Or should she be happy not knowing the truth?
    The situation of the Wife is not good. She has very low self-esteem, 2 children, parents cannot support her and she is not much educated. The inlaws will not support her. She does not get along well with her own brothers and her husband's sisters.

Sorry, as a woman to me it is a moral dilemma. If I were in this woman's shoes I would have liked to know the truth. Don't women know what their husbands are up to even after 12 years of marriage? or do they choose to play innocent, based on their situation?

What are your thoughts on our responsibility as women who might know someone in this situation? Or should we just be mute spectators?

Nonya likes this.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

If I were you, I would remain a mute spectator and not follow on their life. Who knows, the wife may know it already. I would keep out of the mess. Even if you told her, how would you prove it? I don't know how you got to know so much details.

sindmani, Nonya and anika987 like this.
  3. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

How well do you know the wife?
    If she is your close friend, tell her to keep an eye on her H, and if and when she finds out, be there to hold her.
    If you are friends with the guy, tell him what he is doing is wrong and leave him to karma.
    If you just 'know' them, keep off.

Personally, I will inform the girl only if she is my sister/close cousin or bestie. Other couple's equations, I dont know so I wont care.

Nonya, anika987 and Rihana like this.
  4. Sneha1122

Sneha1122 New IL'ite

They are our neighbors. We stay in the same complex. My Husband used to be friends with this guy till he started boasting about how he fools his wife. Now my husband just says hello and bye.
    I am not that close to her that I can tell her anything, but we are friends. We talk about our families. Our children play together.
    This question was on my mind for a couple of days, because she was telling me that one of the other neighbors talks very nicely with her husband, but will not even smile at her. I cannot prove anything, but I felt really bad for her.

suasin and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hmm..Instead of confronting the wife,why don't you confront that husband anonymously and tell
    Him what a horrible person he is being?Cheating on an innocent gal and acting terrible..
    Sorry my idea is bad I guess but I feel
    angry on that guy..
    Don't blurt out this truth to that friend as she will be devastated.Be patient and try to stay aloof as of now..

6. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Well u can just imagine, if u directly say anything abt her hus, as u hav said here, she will definitely undrstnd or her hus mite undrstand tht , the information u got is from ur hus... Then he may make a big prblm for ur DH. And tht incident might make u ppl living in the same complex/building a nightmare.. these are all possibilities.. but as a woman hiding these from her also makes u uncomfortable. Is there any way to inform her as v c in movies anonymous letter or mail... Oops sorry donno is ths a gud idea.. or else u need to make her promise tht she musnt inform her hus ur name .
    The other side if she already knows it and if being mute , since she doesn't hav any1 to support.. in tht case it will b more sad to face u...
    Can u just be more close wit her and let her herself open her problems so tht u may decide to inform her or not..

7. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Be nice to her.. I understand the dilemma, but most of the time people tend to shoot the messenger. He will say you are lying. Its all hearsay. Be her friend. That is all you can do for now.

8. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hey OP,

I understand your dilemma. Had I been in your shoes, even I would be confused about what to do.

However, I feel in this case, you shouldn't really interfere. The lady might be a friend to you and as a friend she might have shared her suspicions to you. But you never know the dynamics of their relation.

Also, what if her husband turns the scene around and points you as a bad person. You and your H might be caught in between their marital problems. Leaving all that, she might lose one good friend - YOU.

Do not talk anything for now. IF she volunteers to share her problem, make sure you extend your full support to this lady in all possible ways.

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I love this answer.... @suasin
    Even within the first post, there is enough self-doubt. So hopefully the OP will let sleeping dogs be. No matter where or with whom it sleeps.

suasin and GoneGirl like this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

How about letting her know anonymously ..through phone or email..with proof like photos etc. that way u can let her know without affecting ur friendship..whether she believes it or not, and what she does with that info is her business...