1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Exploration of Heart rate monitor - Polar FT7

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by vibha_81, Dec 7, 2013.

1. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

HiLaks09,

Sorry was out of loop for sometime.

I joined Zumba classes...one class per week. The first class was fun and doable(Had an punjabi bit in it) but the second one based on some kind of mambo dance (every instructor has her own song and style) was chaotic for me..I did burn 700 calories in that 1 hour. HR avg: 165 and HR Max: 180...I will stick to the first instructor i think..

1 person likes this.
  2. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sravani,

I tried this video last week and burned 340kcal...I did not have the stretch band with me which was a main element in the 3rd mile...I liked this video for the emphasis on upper body workout with a decent amount of calorie burn...Thanks for the suggestion!!

Yes. I want to regain my fitness more than my weight. I am concentrating on putting on muscle this time as last time when i lost weight i had lot of loose fat hanging around mid section:(

1 person likes this.
  3. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Thats cool..I think it was cool running.com which i checked previously but i guess since the speed is not mentioned one could do a jog rather than run if we go by distance rather than by time. I find running outside much much difficult compared to a treadmill for ob. reasons...and the weather in NY does not help:)

I will follow it from March...I want to join a personal training program in feb (New year offer at very reduced price for month in my gym:)...its 100$ a month otherwise ...now its 15$ offer)...either functional training or boot camp and if its anything like Zumba i won't be able to do anything else that day

I also wanted to ask you about washing the strap...Its long due but since i do not use it unless i change my workout i have not tried washing it yet...should it be washed in cold cycle? you have any idea?

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vibha,
    running outside. Ouch. I run on an indoor rubberised track. I have allergies and can't run outdoors. But if outdoors is your style go for it. Treadmill? I hate that machine. I can't do it.
    Im glad you tried Zumba. Try Zumba toning instead of regular. My arms look great these days! Although the calories burnt are much lower.
    I hand wash the strap of the ft4 in regular cold water with soap after each use. That's what the manual says, I think. I've never tried the machine.
    If you ever try couch to 5k try the timed version. The distance version is just too much running. The goal is to get running for 30 mins straight and then you can build on distance/pace/endurance etc.