1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

experinced ladies please help me in pricing ruby set

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by shireesha06, Dec 12, 2012.

1. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

hello friends,

I bought a ruby necklace set in India. I was decided the design and ordered at our goldsmith in village. This is first time i bought stone set so I dont know much about pricing.

I think he did decent job in design and all.

I just need some suggestions in pricing.

The set weighs 31.530 gms including stone weight.

he says 25.7 gms is the net gold weight and 5.8 gms is the stone weight.

he added 3.1gms for KDM wastage.

I paid 99 thousands for the set.The gold price on the ordered date is 29800 for gms.

acc to him : 85910 for gold including kdm charge and 12500 for rubies.

please spend little time and tell me did I paid anything extra ? or he took reasonably.

P.S :if you want to see the set plz go to

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117860049804442815867/albums/5820368943310191201

Thanks in advance,
    siri.

2. shireesha06

Ladies come on !!!!!!!!!! please help me in Pricing it.

Thanks In Advance,
    Siri.

3. sarayua2004

sarayua2004 Bronze IL'ite

hi...beautiful designs first of all...as per the rate given by the goldsmith..(gold rate 2980 per gram and not 29800...) total gold weight including wastage has come around 28.8 and stone charges extra...normally they dont charge for KDM they say it as making charges and wastages ...he has charged it for you Rs.9238.00( 3.1 grams gold rate in other words) stone charges depends on the clarity of the stones..that we have no other go than beleving them...any way correct calculation comes to Rs.98324.00...you said it cost 99thousand for...not a bad deal..if u go for branded jewellery they charge minimum of 20% as making charges etc etc..compared to that you have a fair deal...hope I made my point clear...

4. shireesha06

Hi Sarayu,

Thank you so much for your reply. Ya as you said stone quality we don't have any choice than believing them.
    you explained it very clearly , I have one more question hope you don't mind to answer it.

20% means 20% of jewelry cost will go under making charge etc etc in branded shops ?

and can u tell me how many carats per 1 gm rubies and how much per carat right now for best quality rubies ?

Thanks,
    Siri.