1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences as a new bride..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by honeybee, Mar 5, 2007.

1. radhika4m

radhika4m New IL'ite

Best days of life, a lot of activity ...if you know what i mean :-D :wink: .....lol.

For all to be married enjoy this time , it will never come again

bye now

2. SunitaGN

SunitaGN New IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

Yes :) I totally agree... It is a very sweet period in life - new bride stage.

Diana... wow... I can imagine how you must have felt yaar! Lucky for you nothing burned down... it can be pretty serious mistake. I am glad you all are safe..

Nice of your FIL to understand...

Sunita

3. radhika4m

radhika4m New IL'ite

Thanks Sunita, atleast someone agrees with me that this is an imp part of the newly weds life, looking at others experiences I felt this was least significant :oops: for everyone else than me :oops: :oops: :oops:

4. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi everyone

Well my marriage was a love marriage and my Hubby is my relative. The first day of our marriage our inlaws took us to a nearby temple.

My toe rings (Metti-sorry guys I dont know what metti is in English) were loose and fell out of my toes on the way to temple. B'coz I was wearing them for the first time I dint realise that they had fallen out.

Only when we were in the temple my MIL found out that my metti were missing. Imagine first day and I had lost such an important and auspicious ornament. :oops:

Myself and my husband had fun searching for my metti in the streets. My joy knew no bound when we finally found them.

Till date we have a good laugh thinking back at the episode.

Regards
    Rakshantha

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi rakshanta
    Wecome to the "new bride experiences" club.:)
    (I Assume your toe rings were silver!). Good that you found it. Elders in the family do tend to become sentimental right?

Thank god our custom does not allow us to wear gold anklets and toe rings.:mrgreen:

Regards
    Honeybee

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi All, I had been a regular reader of this thread, even read it so many times, and remembered my early days of married life.
    No......ladies........I am not very old in this new role and even not yet had my second anniversary........so felt a little reluctant to write in this thread........
    But again thought,,,,,,,,,yes.......I should write my experiences too......
    When I was unmarried, I was kind of bindaas girl.....never ever goes into kitchen....and also a spoilt one and only eats when somebody served me otherwise its "mere shaan ke khilaf" that I will serve to myself..........
    It was kind of gr8 tension to all my aunts/mom that what will I do .......and what will I cook in my in-laws.......though I knew cooking only exotic things like Paneer Butter masala, Manchurian.....fried rice.........but nobody can have these items for 7 days as I stayed there for 7 days and came with my hubby to USA.
    Anyways, my in-laws side were quite co-operative. We have to do some Puja on 4th day of marriage and all the Prasad should be cooked by the Bahu...but my hubby's Mami knew my plight and she came forward saying that she would be happy in doing so and I can serve them to the God......at least I can do that.....
    But next dat they had some kind of family get together.......some 30-40 people....and my gr8 went to visit some place along with other relatives and told us girls (some other bahuranis of my hubby's family and SILs) that we should do all cooking.....
    Everybody were very kind to me.don't know why????????
    So, we took each one item to cook..........I took Aloo-Gobi.....never had done that before......
    Took lots of masala to worsen the situation........and started cooking in a big Pan inside the kitchen while others enjoyed cooking out in the big gas......
    When everybody was done with their cooking, I was still in the middle of frying masalas.....so my cousin SIL came and took that big pan out and did all the left out cooking........of course......it was bad.........but nobody said anything except my MIL....she is good but u know never like to give "DHIL" (in hindi) to her kids, so I am also included in the kids gr.
    And funny thing is that she I cooked aloo-gobi once more 2-3 days after just for our family and this time I pressure cooked the cauliflower and when it came out, it was kind of soup.........but this time also nobody comented........thanks to all............
    Even when I came to USA with my hubby......in the first month, we had to visit to the mall frequently to get all the cooking range...but whenever we will reach the mall, I will go to the Dress section and look for my dresses while hubby dear will search for our cooking range..from dinnerware to cutlery...........all apliances.......
    Now when I remembered all these..I felt like sharing these with you all.....
    Sorry for taking so much of ur time ladies.........
    Bye and take care u all..................
    Regards,

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Sorry Honeybee,

Cannot pen any lines here as i am single and ready to mingle........:-D :-D

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rakshantha,
    The toe ring is also considered to be auspicious in our custom........but for me its so weired to wear something of that sort in my toes.....
    And u won't believe, all my toe rings are so big and real pain to my toes.....
    And I had probably 10 pairs of them given by my mom-aunt to wear and everybody insisted me to wear at least 3 in each feet.......and the funny thing is that I lost one from almost each pair and now I had only two pairs in full......
    My MIL told me not to lost it but when I lost so many then I stopped wearing them even after 4 days of my marriage and thank to my in laws/parents, nobody told me anything to abt it.......I was saved from wearing such things......
    In this column, I would really like to say that at most point of time my VERY KADAK MIL always came as rescue for me....even all the members/relatives of my in-laws are good and least bothersome......
    But too boring..........They don't like night-outs aswe did in my parents places...we just talk all night when there is some get together.....but at my in-laws place, they only do their work/duties...and retire back to their den.......not much gup-sup.......
    this is the only thing I didn't liked in my initial marriage days........otherwise it was ok.
    regards..........

9. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi honey bee

Thanks for welcoming me into the forum. I am new to Indus ladies and I am having lots of fun being a member

Regards
    Rakshantha:thankyou2:

10. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi meeta

Nice to see that I have company.:wink:

Regards
    Rakshantha