1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

EXPERIENCE OF BEEING SINGLE PARENT IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES (USA, UK ,etc.)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by redrose2010, Mar 9, 2011.

1. redrose2010

redrose2010 New IL'ite

LIFE is unexpected as all we know, and whatever difficulty comes we have to face it by being strong or getting stress NO CHOICE RIGHT?
    I have created this blog to share our experiences of life who are unfortunately or by choice are single parents. As we know taking care of kid(s) is not easy even though it’s the blessing.
    Please share you good /dad experience ,thoughts ,doubt, issues or anything you can think of. Hope sharing & reading this blog make others more stronger and open. Single parents who live in foreign countries please do share your experience how hard or easy to be single parent when you away from your own country or family.
    ~Enjoy Sharing & Reading

2. mintos

mintos New IL'ite

Yes. You wrote it correct. Sometimes, destiny will have it for you. Suddenly you look around and you are a single parent! I have lived in India for sometime and currently live in chicago. The single parent life in India sucks! Especially the maids are not reliable and you definitely need to have some sort of family around you. And then everyone would want to know everything in your life!

But things are better in US. We get reliable baby sitting, even though it is expensive. But then the bad side is that you have to take conscious effort to mingle with others. Once you are a single parent, suddenly you will find that lots of your old friends are not that interested in talking to you anymore as their husbands will get bored if they visit your place! But the irony is that when they say that they don't realise that these things are not planned. But keep an open mind and there are lot of people would want to talk to you. But once you are single, pay lot of attention to whom you mingle. Learn to cut of people, if they show unacceptable behaviour. Safety is your own sole responsibilty

3. mintos

mintos New IL'ite

Forgot to say that, ladies are supposedly not that handy with repairs and things like that. In my case, I can figure out things but blessed to have a 10 year old boy around, who just fixes every broken thing for me- be it a door handle/connect electronics etc. Kids also do a lot of self learning when they are with single parents!