1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Experience of a fresher

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Raba, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thanks for giving the credit that I learnt the "art of liivng":) I killed Moar kuzhambu in every possible way (taste, colour,odour). So atleast i want to save its name . Ha ha ha . I dont want to make any one pronounce it as மொர் கொலம்பு:biglaugh. I feel happy to know that everyone will face such experiences at the start :). appaadi!!!!!1. I am not alone

Thank you very much Cheeniya sir for reading my post with patience. I am honoured. :cheers

2. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

:hiyaAtlast I have made you read my post. :thumbsup. Actually Mindi, I took his help that day. It was he who verified my actions (ofcourse in cooking) with the receipe in some book. But no factor could stop the transformation of the kuzhambu. :rotfl

I am glad that you are always there to join me in laughing at my so called 'mis'adventures. Ha ha ha!

3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Sujatha,

Thanks for your encouraging words.:cheers. I am glad that I kindled your desire to make moar kuzhambu. Oh Suja!! did you try to address me as 'superlady' :biglaugh? Hugs dear!! Thank you so much

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba,

i was not off the mark when i told u, u can write and pls post yr blogs, and now i see u are as good as anyone here, if not better.

Hilarious one, searching for mobile in the fridge eh ! HAHA

And i can smell teh lovely food u make, from this computer.The next time i come to Chennai, i am coming over to taste yr food, what say?:biglaugh

Thanks.

kamal

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Raba

Let me first start by saying CONGRATULATIONS to you! This is for starting a new exciting life, for the successful completion of one month and most importantly for the effort (??) in the kitchen lab. Yes, so glad to hear that we all started very similarly in life :). I am really glad that you did not end up deleting the post. I kept nodding my head and laughing away at your narration. You wouldn't want to know what all I came up with from my laboratory. Unfortunately for hubby, we were in Melbourne and not Chennai. Else in the name of some meeting, hubby could have rushed to his mum's house and had a quick bite from there. But its fun and we learn the different ways of making moar kuzhambu!!!! Don't hesitate to share more with us.

6. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Haa haaa...its really humorous Raba.
    When i read your post and Mindi's, lot of memories poured into me.
    The worse search in home for me would be - searching my hair clip or my mobile or even my hand bag:biglaugh .I wonder if anyone can invent a SEARCH ENGINE for us.

When it comes to cooking, :cheers to u dear. We're sailing on the same boat. As i am working, my family members are just saved from tasting my food.
    Another reason is, my MIL wont allow me to cook often not 'coz of care (for sure) :p and so i cook for me alone for packing my lunch box and sometimes during weekends.

Anyways thanks dear for rendering us a hearty laugh.
    All the best for your future endea(Fla)vor..:thumbsup

7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

You will live well for hundred years. Morning I was mentioning our earlier conversation to him.
    You are always welcome to our home Kamalji. After all he will be happy that he gets a company(to suffer along with???!!:biglaugh)

Thanks for your kind and wonderful words that i ever want to hear kamalji (you said you are ready to taste, I believe that, unlike your posts, you will NOT end with jokes in your feedback HA HA HA)

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear K2S,

Thanks a lot for your wishes:). I am glad too to know that i was not alone in starting the life this way:cheers. So your Dear hubby was trapped by you in Melbourne. Ha ha ha! Thanks for coming.

9. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mahi,
    Yes! A common Search Engine would be the perfect solution. Atleast for mobile phone we can give a ring to find it out. For things like hairclip, its very difficult to search. You wont believe me, once I thought of inventing a search device with RFID tag for easy detection:idea HA HA HA(curse my engineering mind!!!!) But thank God I didnt take it seriously and leap my leg into it . Otherwise all my hairs would have been standing straight by this time:rotfl

Dont worry dear! Since you are preparing lunch ,to be eaten by you,I am sure you will cook well. your day will come to make all your family members taste your flavours.:thumbsup

Thanks for your wishes and visit Mahi:cheers

10. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Raba, i couldnt help laughing!

It was like reading my own story! :)

Yes i was like you - in hostel before marriage and left alone with DH after wedding.

he is very strict about food and have seen him literally leaving the room in the midst of a meal for some not so favorite veggie in the meal that my MIL had added a day!

MIL had left to take care of SIL just a month after our wedding and i was left alone in this dangerous situation!

I always used to hunt for most of my things, ID card, mobile, comb, etc etc...

he asked me to prepare onion chutney a day . He had no knowledge of what cookking is but he gave me the recipe from what he had gathered from his mom's hidden clues in conversations.[ when i asked if he knew the recipe he is telling me when am midway that he made up the recipe from what his mom used to talk about it!:bonk]

I fried onions and when i ground it it was just like Colgate toothpaste in the mixie jar!

i managed to transfer that also to a small cup and serve him.
    I was expecting some storm in the house:biglaugh but i think he loved me more than i thought. He said "Its good - just because i didn't mention doesn't mean that you should not add water when grinding the chutney!":rotfl

After that he called up every close friend and his mom and his sister to tell that he had given the recipe:rant and I did it very well!

One day i received call when i was having lunch at office. It was from him only. He was asking" what is the name of the dish you had kept for lunch?"

Guess what my answer was ? Sambar:biggrin2:

Thanks for the nice post : got me all the nostalgic moments :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010