1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Experience of a fresher

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Raba, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

No no I have not joined newly in a company. I tried to give the title to resemble an oxymoron:).

I completed one successful month as a working home maker(working woman + plus home maker).:spin

But my routine life(ofcourse routine changes after marriage:rant) started a week back.

Before Marriage, while staying in hostel I enter its kitchen to pack my lunch atleast. (hard work !!??) but if it is home, I will make sure I enter only to drink water.I always turned deaf ears to my mom's advise to learn cooking.

But now,Before leaving to office ,I need to clean house, prepare breakfast and lunch, wash dishes (I always wonder, why the kitchen sink acts as 'atchaya paathiram') The vessels to be washed never end.:drowning

And the horrible thing is I had to eat the food prepared by me all the three times in a day. Oh my God!:bang

He is so sweet, to eat the food saying "nalla iruku ma" every time.(No other go???!!!)

The very first day,when both my parents & in laws left us in chennai, I tried Moar kuzhambu(Huh! too much for an amateur cook to start with!!!),which made me analyse the RGB color combinations .
    :bonk
    Yes , I should ask our dear chitvish, about the possible ways to turn the yellow Kuzhambu to dark brown. and that too when tasted, i felt it like a dark brown coloured salt water.:hide:

But today one of my office friends (Ofcourse, I torture them daily to taste my food) told I started cooking well.(dont know the real reason behind the compliment)

I cant be happy that I manage to cook food that can be eaten, because the problems do not end here.

Since I am handling too many things all of a sudden, I am getting confused about the location of things.

Today I forgot the place where I kept my mobile phone.:confused2:
    I started searching from shoe rack to soap case in bathroom and atlast in height of frustration I ended up searching it in fridge but that too in vain.:crazy

Thats a different story that I locked my house, went to nearby shop and dialled my number keeping the receiver of coin phone up. I came running back to
    home to find it out.Again I went back to hold it down. The shopkeeper might have wondered what this girl is doing running back and forth between shop and
    house locking and unlocking it.:roll:

The list of crazy things that i do goes endless.
    So before our dear IL friends search an asylum for me, I will stop my story here.

P.S The force that drove me to write this one, is my dear Mindi's
    A day in the Life of a ...

1 person likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba

Good post. Raba dont worry all fresheners have their own experiences. Nice to hear your experience. I thought as much that Mindi's post must have made you write this. Glad to know that your friends told that you cook well.

love
    viji

3. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Hahaha Raba, this was a nice one...

I could really relate to the searching of the phone :rotfl

4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami

You made my day with your first fb. I logged in to delete the post if no fb has come. Thank you very much:cheers I feel that you are always a kind and soft natured person, though i dont know what me think of it.

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Oh dear contended,

I am very glad that you enjoyed my post. within a few days i did so many crazy things.:biglaughAmong my friends circle, now i have become the entertainer.

They receive me with the great question "what story today?":biglaugh
    Thanks for coming dear.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raba
    :biglaugh:biglaughsorry to laugh at your condition.....hotahai hotahi...hehehe it is just the 1st year my dear i am sure in another year we will get to hear from you now all is going on smaoothly and happily without misplacing the mobile anywhere and me running around to the pubic phone and the house:biglaugh just to see where is the mobile.
    And my Moar kuzhambu has come out good not dark brown like salt water.
    Not bad so you got inspired by Mindi's thread.......:)

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba
    I am happy to see that you have mastered the Art of Living without the help of Sri Sri Ravishankar.

If you can see fun in your problems and laugh them off, half the battle called Life is won. It is just that easy. Whether it is your ‘moar kuzhambhu’ (what an ingenious spelling!) changing colours like a chameleon or it is your mobile phone playing hide and seek with you, I can visualize your ability to extract a laugh from it!

When I got married, my DW being one of the four daughters of highly indulgent parents could learn only one fourth of the kitchen chores. Making dosas or washing ladiesfinger (vendaikkai) were not part of her curriculum. As ill luck could have it, she got married into a family that virtually survived on dosas and vendaikkai. On the very first occasion when the cooking responsibility fell on her 'not very able shoulders' because my mum had gone visiting my brother, it turned out to be a nightmare for her. In the case of dosa, she added more water to the dosa batter than it would require for its life time making it resemble some murky fluid like the ‘Paarkadal’ after the churning out the Amirtham! When she tried to spread it over the dosa plate, it dried up instantly leaving no trace of the batter. She started crying not knowing what to do. Hearing her sobbing noises coming from the kitchen, I rushed in fearing the worst but when I found that the reason for her crying was the vanishing dosa batter, I laughed and told her that she had out done the magician Sorcar, the senior. She joined in my laughter and we both laughed till our stomachs ached!

The second occasion was when she cut the vendaikkai and tried to wash it with water like other vegetables. I am sure you know what happens when freshly cut vendaikkai is interacted with water. This time too, it started with her crying and ended up with both of us laughing uncontrollably!

Raba, humour can help us sail through any situation in life and take it from me, there is plenty of it in our day to day life!
    Sri

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear dear raba,

i am really sorry to be late here and take a peep into your housekeeping tale.the initial years are so enjoyable and with so many (mis)adventures in the kitchen that you will have plenty to laugh at later.hahah your mor kuzhambu does sound funny?how did it ever turn brown???

you know I took so many years to master sambhar. of course nowhere am i still an expert but it is not bad at all and my family just drinks it.

since you are a beginner it is really not a bad idea to follow chithvish mam verbatim.may be ask hubby dear to join in and make cooking fun( i wish someone had given me this advice years ago:))

and we are always there to hear( and laugh????) your latest culinary experience.
    I feel good that I motivated you to write.:)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  9. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raba, why would you want to delete your post if you have no feedback :)) I am glad you did not do it, or else we would not have had the chance to read such an entertaining post !!! Besides I feel like making a mor-kozhambu rightnow, apparently that was the only dish I used to do well in my initial days of cooking !! My husband still makes fun of me "where did you cook, most days you stood there crying your eyes out that we had takeaways most of the time".......I dont profess to love cooking after 13 yrs of doing it, but yeah, we all survive the chaos of our kitchen and we have no doubt one day you are gonna be a lady from planet Krypton sailing thru' all this so efficiently and calmly :)

Have a lovely day,
    Sujatha

10. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Aruna,

No worries to laugh at me. After all the victim herself is laughing out loudly :biglaugh. Aruna, is it a wish or curse? :biglaughWill i do these type of adventures for one more year:drowning:drowning Oh No !! Jus kidding.
    Thanks for coming dear