Expecting !!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by rima1026, Jul 4, 2012.

1. rima1026

rima1026 New IL'ite

Hi Frenz,
    Just got the good news, and m now worried. We are alone in US, and I have no idea how we will manage, although reading old posts in IL gave me some stregnth :).

Still I have option to go back to india, I am currently not working and hubby is fine with this. who do you think, shall i go back to my parents or stay here and delivery, NO one form our home owuld be bale to come here so it would be only 2 of us. I am really confused.

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

DEAR ONE
    congrats! and a big hug....
    If you feel like you need your mothers company during your delivery, take her before you are due..
    if that s not possible take your mil, and nothing wrong if you are alone also..
    Hospital facilities abroad are far better than the one in India, from my personal experience.
    you can make your delivery there and come with your baby to india, stay with parents , inlaws , spend some time with your dearones and then go back.
    and visit www.babycentre.com for any pregnancy and child birth related queries.
    Take care
    regards
    resmij

3. devanshi

devanshi Silver IL'ite

Hi Rima,

Congrats!! I am also in a similar situation. Honestly I think if you have close family friends or even relatives nearby you and your hubby can manage on your own. This is just for backup in case there is any emergency or something unexpected comes up last minute. We all hope all will be fine, but better to be bit prepared. For eg. even your hubby can be unwell at the last minute and those kind of things. Also at your parents place, please think if they will be able to manage and if there are good Docs etc there. You may also have to think of insurance. So all in all maybe a few months away from your DH wont be too much in case you do decide to be at your parents place. I hope you will take a good decision.

Good luck!!

4. LiveUP

LiveUP New IL'ite

Hi Rima,

Congrats on the g8 news...
    Even i have been in the same situation few months back...
    i am 29 weeks now..
    I had to leave my job during(due to some visa issues) my 2nd month and from then on i been at home. Even me and my DH had a thought of me going to India so that may parents can take care of me.. as we donot have any relatives or close friends who can support us here .
    But as i was not having any complications /issues regarding my Preg.. i did not want to go to India...and i feel i have taken the right decision..because preg is such a beautiful phase that i wanted to have this journey along with my DH.
    As of now everything is going on well and my mom will be joining me just before my duedate.

I know it differs from case to case, if everything is normal in your case and either ur mom or MIL could join u for some time during ur delivery u can very well manage things here during ur pregnancy and can leave to India with ur mom or mIL. The medial facilities here are really good.
    If none of the elders can join u here then u can talk to ur doctor and can travel to India.
    I feel its onlu during and after ur delivery u need someone elders support. If ur DH is supportive and caring then i think its going to be a beautiful phase to enjoy this journey togeather. and i heard that in us after delivery the baby will be first give in the hands of the father, so it will be a memorable moment even for ur DH.

Its just my personal opinion that u stay with ur DH if u can manage to get ur parents/IL's here during ur delivery for 2-3 months.

Take care...