exhibitions and sales.

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by art, Apr 2, 2009.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Sale at CP Arts Centre

There is a sale going on at CP Arts Centre,Alwarpet,did anybody get a chance to visit this?They sell jamdani,bengal,block print and other sarees and salwars.If the price is reasonable I will consider going there.Since the mrignayani sale was a little costly than I expected like 300-400 rupees higher than the one I usually buy at silk fab,I would really like to hear from people who visited it before I go there.

2. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Re: Chanderi sale at Mrignayani

The salwars were very pretty but definately overpriced.I bought them at Silk Fab expo as low was 1000 rupees and on the last day I also got them for 900 rupees,but they charge 1300 and 1400 for some and never bring their price down,since I like one muted pink chanderi salwar very much I bought only one,there were other pretty ones in dark shades like indigo blue,rust but if would have been 750(guessing from the appearance) I would have bought it but they were definately overpriced.

3. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Re: Jute Exhibition

Sundari,

ur welcome anyway........hope u will attend in future, in case if any..........

4. bpmd

bpmd New IL'ite

MRIGNAYANEE is a MP Govt show room. We are here in Chennai to market the items from MP, to support the weavers and craftsmen of the state. Also like to inform you that, we dont sell at higher prices. In the exhibitions, of course the weavers sell at low prices to reduce their stocks on last day. We also give rebate/discount during festivals, and special occasions. for any clarification u can pls contact me...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I couldnt help but laugh when I think what will happen to this forum if owners of all stores in chennai become members of this forum,bcos people here rant,review,tell their opinons about various shops,tailors,restaurants.So as a individual I also have the right to tell my opinion and as long as I abide by the forum guidelines I have every freedom to voice my opinion.

6. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Does Mrignayanee has a shop in Chennai other than exhibitions?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bpmd, I happy that you are here only to clarify about your pricing. I hope you go through the faqs and guidelines, which very clearly state no self-promotion. do follow the forum etiquettes. welcome.

satin, you have every right to voice out your opinon as you have stated.
    i think it will be a nightmare for us moderators, to distinguish, clarifications and self promotions. hope that all the stores do not come in as members alone but come in generate revenue for this site too.

vijikrish, there is showroom on luz church road.

8. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Re: Sale at CP Arts Centre

Anybody visited the ongoing National handloom expo at Co-optex grounds?Is it the same which usually takes place at Co-optex grounds?I would like to hear opinions from people who visited this.

thanks

9. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Yeah i visited it. It is the usual handloom exhibition that takes place every year. I used to love it, i liked it this year also, it is always nice to different pieces of work in one place.

10. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your input.I wish they have lots of collections from South India too as I need to buy many cotton sarees for me and my mom.Will definately go to this expo then.