1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise Bike Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by GoneGirl, Jan 15, 2021.

1. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

I am looking for an indoor exercise bike in US. Would appreciate suggestions for one, something which lets you ride in a relative straight back position not leaning forward. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks!

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Peloton if you can afford one.

GoneGirl likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have used this Fitness Reality 210 Upright Exercise Bike for about four years:
    Fitness Reality 210 Upright Exercise Bike Review

I like it for the quietness, small footprint (the mat I put under it is 2'x3'), easy to assemble, easy to move around, stable (very important for me LOL), enough built-in exercise choices. The seat is not adjustable back to front. Very few exercise bikes have that, at least in the 'affordable' category.

"Lets you ride in a relative straight back position" is my key requirement in exercise or other bikes. This one allows me to do that. Check the pictures and videos in Amazon and elsewhere. In the image below:
    - if you hold the handle bar near the purple arrow, you will have to bend forward.
    - holding at the pink arrow spot, you can sit almost upright. That is where the pulse sensor is there that measures the heart rate.
    - the horizontal green line is usually where I hold the handle bar. There is plenty of vertical clearance between the red thing and the black handle bar.

control.jpg

My favorite part is the spacious and safe tablet or smart phone holder. : ) One thing I changed was the bottle holder. It was kind of narrow, so replaced with a wider one from Amazon.

I got it for about $150 on sale. If now looking for a bike, I would try to find a similar one under $200.

=======
    Tagging @Viswamitra Viswa had written about buying and assembling an exercise bike.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    GoneGirl likes this.