1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise and yoga with kids around

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sumaticg, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hey Friends
    I live in Africa and with a my inlaws. I have 20 months old DD. I was 82kgs when she was born now sticking to 65 kgs still 10 more to loose. My weight loss was fast in the first 6 months but slowed. When she was not moving much i was doing cross trainer and could exercise. Now when i do she stands near me and put her legs and hands in between my legs (LOL) so i am scared and may hurt her. She sleeps in the afternoon but at that time my lunch will be full in my tummy.

Please some one advise as to how to work out with kids.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I too had the same problem. Now with my son at 28 months, I too am not able to find time to go for Gym or for any exercise.

How about the following:
    1. you can do crunches on the bed, your little one also might enjoy seeing you do that
    2. Floor exercises can be done while keeping her engaged with some toys
    3. Treadmill is slightly dangerous one as they may try to imitate. You can send her for baby sitting for 2 hours a day to get your health back

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

hey

Thanks but i try to do that she sits right on top of me and plays with me(LOL) the crunches. I even had a hernia operation after she was born so bit not straining much. Please advise some schedule of workout

4. samathakriti

samathakriti New IL'ite

Hi!
    Its good to see someone conscious about health and fitness. Though commitment is the key for success, with kids it becomes so tough to give some time for yourself. My daughter is 30 months old, but she never allows me to do anykind of excercise when she is awake. since 6 months i have some discomfort in the umbilicus. I saw a surgeon recently, he said that my abdominal muscles have become very weak and the chances of developing umbilical hernia are more..i should start some kind of excercise like walking , threadmill and yoga..But avoid ABDOMINAL CRUNCHES. So i started yoga since 2 weeks and I do it in the morning before she gets up. sometimes I take her to the play area where she will be playing and keep myself busy in walking. At times my husband will take care of her.

I dont know the type of hernia you had for which you underwent a surgery, but before you start anykind of active excercises talk to your doctor once.walking and treadmill are safe. BTW, how do you feel after the surgery?

Good luck!

5. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hi

My hernia was not a really out. Like after my DD was born the muscle in my abdomen has given a small way for the hernia to develop. If i hadnt notice it would had ended in umblical hernia my sis is a dr so she asked me to have a lap surgery before i came zambia. her we dont have enough medical facilites. I now started to run and walk with her in push chair in my locality. But still i got to do more. Dont worry on it doe bridge it will set i think!!

6. samathakriti

samathakriti New IL'ite

Hi!

I was waiting for ur reply.After I was told abt my problem, I started to get some info on the net but cudnt find anything useful. I thought you are one good source to get some information regarding the surgery. Mine is almost like ur case. My tummy loose and recently I noticed there is a bulge in the area above the belly button. there is tenderness in the umbilicus. I get pain when I bend, lift or push.

I am actually not in a position to give any tips for you. I know its the only way to contact u. I need your help. plz tell me abt the surgery and its recovery. In which hospital did u undergo this surgery? my doctor here says there is no propylactic surgery for such cases.just ignore. I cant sit like this doing nothing.

Thank you.

7. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hi Samathakriti

I understand ur anxiety. I underwent the same.It in my hometown Coimbatore Tamil nadu and in a good hospital named PSG. The surgen actually like you first advised me to wait but i said i was going to zambia africa he said it is better to do. The problem of such type will worse when food move through intestine or when u have a constipation. I am not scaring u but this all i experianced u. I remember u have a little kid so please dont lift them often as carrying weight makes it worse. If ur travelling to india please consult a surgen there. My elder sis also had the same problem and she got to undergo twice. First time it was small like mine and they did they didnot put a messh but 2nd time she went this dr who said she has developed the same problem and she got to under go lap surgery and put a messh. Now she is fine infact my mom underwent this surgery in 90's it was a open operatiion. But now technology has developed so much u need not worry. For me the first 3 days was painful they asked me to walk from 2nd day and do all jobs. in a week i was fine and bathing my 4 months daughter first 6 months he asked me to put scareser a belt then i was totally fine.
    So dont worry consult a dr in india when the problem is small it is easy to solve.
    Takecare and let me know if u need the hospital details.

8. samathakriti

samathakriti New IL'ite

Hi! Suma,

I am so happy to see your reply. Thank you so much for ur immediate reply. yeah! I would appreciate if u can give me the hospital details. Though I am from Hyderabad I would like to speak to your doctor in my next visit to India. Probably in January next yr. Till then, I wish nothing turns worse.
    I am not able to give my kid good time because of this problem. hmmm...hope this phase passes away fast.

thank you.