1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Exclusive breastfeeding or supplement with solids?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Nila, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

2. Shobana Karthik

Shobana Karthik New IL'ite

Re: Ragi kanji

hello laxmi,

Can you clearly give me the ragi recipe with gms / ml details.

My little daughter just entered her third month.. And i want to start supplementing her diet because of lactation issues. I understand this is the best food to begin with. The doctor has advised two feeds per day, to begin with.

What is the quantity of ragi (in grams) i should use and what is the quantity of water.. Basically, i am bothered about the consistency of the milk..

Please reply

Thank you.

Regards,
    Shobana

3. anigajay

anigajay New IL'ite

Re: Sathu maavu

hi vandana ,

i am from chennai..can u tell me what is butternut squash in tamil...even i checked ths veggie from wholesome baby food ..seems to be a gud starter for infants..but i doubt whether i could get ths in chennai .my girl baby who s 5.5 months old does'nt have appetite at all..and we ve to force feed her everytime ..she was on breast feeding till 2.5 months..but discontinued as she does'nt gain weight..and so i pumped and gave her. then after i started on enfamil premium as well...for the past 2 weeks i started giving solids..like cerelac rice, gerber oats, home made ragi, home made oats,green beans, brown rice cereal home made...and nothing seems 2 work wid her...she dislikes everthing..am totally exhausted ..she does'nt like lactogen,nan 1 etc..i donno how to make her gain weight...

sorry for the big narration....anyone experienced this sort of baby?suggestions pls?

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

This sounds worrisome... can you post what her weights have been... .say at birth, 1 month, 2 month, 3 month till date.
    I am worried that there may be some underlying medical issue like silent reflux that has gone unnoticed. It seems to me you are saying she has an aversion to food... if that is the case, I will have her evaluated immediately with a paediatric GI.
    Butternut squash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia... looks like parangikkai, not sure though.