1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange of Letters- A MUST READ

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 26, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Namaskar Avinashjee,

I have written what I have seen, only tears in the parents eyes. They do not care for the money but long for love from their children who weight it currencies.

Thanks for writing in.

2. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malspie..Hmm..what do you want me to say..my stomach churns every time, I read something like this. Even though I can see much of myself in the son and the daughter in the story, I am trying make arrangements to spend years with my parents and in-laws and I sincerely pray/beg God that anything like that in this letter won't happen to anyone!

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Malspie,
    Using one stone my dear, you have brought down dozen mangoes.In this beautiful thread thro' letters between parents and kids,you have talked about parents who have to take care of themselves,they are only there for each other.My heart weeps for them.You have talked about the children,their priorities in their lives,and how they have to get ahead in life.They love their parents but are helpless,life is like that.Iam no doubt angry with them.You have talked about the love parents carry for their kids,not minding their own circumstances.I pray for them.You are finally talking about a silver lining called the old age homes.I feel happy for my own and my husband's sake that such a thing is there.
    Heart rending but at the same time thats what life is all about.Parents have to take care of their healthand be self sufficient.
    Great work!.
    mithila

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

Accept my sincere thanks for digging out a lost post. This is a fact in metro cities, most of the family is neutral and also lonely. The time spent with the family is much less compared to the time spent in office. Youngsters prefer going abroad for a brighter career. Parents are left with the luxuries that is bought for them to make them happy. Even when I go to temples, I do not find a single old couple happy. They often sit isolated from others praying for their children and begging god to hold their breath till they reach them.

I am thankful to God, for not tempting my senses with the offers, though there were plenty. I always wanted to spend time with my mom and God gave me opportunity to be with her during her last times. Even at that moment, I was feeling guilty of being away from her for longer time as I would leave home at 7,15 in the morning and return at 8.30 at night. Later, I would make it a point to spend those valuable hours only with her, chatting and telling her stories of the office, journey, friends etc..

Thanks for stepping in.