1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange of Letters- A MUST READ

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 26, 2007.

1. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mals, welcome back. These letters are so touchy.I sincerely hope that todays generation learns some values before its too late. Money is not whaty parents only need, they need time , love and respect.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priyu,

You have conveyed much in few words... Thanks for peeping in.

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Mals,

A very touching post and well written too. I completely agree with what you have portrayed. But i would also like to say that the other side of the coin is equally true. In our family we have both examples.

Most of us will agree that there are exceptions and that there are in-laws & parents who really behave in such a rude manner with their kids that even though the children would like to be with their family they are dealt with in such a manner that the children feel aversion to them.

I have seen cases where there are 2 DILs the one who takes care of the family gets no respect but the one who is the trouble maker son & DIL is given due respect and all the freedom so that they don't leave the family and live separately. So all their tantrums are accepted.

What you have mentioned is also very ture and i completely agree with it.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Roopa,

False is always faster than truth. Truth takes its own time, it goes through trials and tribulations and sometimes humiliations too. Ultimately, it wins. False though was faster and brighter in the race, had a great fall... Truth extends its hands towards false and helps it tread the right path, false still feels it was right anyways....

I hope I have conveyed the message to you.
    Thanks roopa

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mals
    This is such a sad thing, reading such articles makes me feel very depressed. Even though I am staying away from in laws and parents this itself makes me sad. Even though i go and meet them once in a year..... Though they are staying happily with other sons and daughters with them. we do miss them a lot as equally as they do.

As Chithra has mentioned it so beautifully that once we are born we all are individuals. It is so true but can we leave without our dear ones?????????? not possible.

Yes I do agree in todays world there are people like the ones you have mentioned in your letter, it is sad. I have come across some of these people, when was asked why you don't go and meet them, Pat bol kar jawab..... We call them everyweek and what is there if we go they all they rona dhona we are fine here I pity such people. But it is not possible to get all good people. if this happens wow the world will be so beautiful.

Yes during our parents time even if they love us so much they wouldn't express it , so people make a mistake that they don't love they kids it is so wrong. But today we all express love openly and freely without hesitation. It doesn't mean that our parents don't love us??
    If we show our love towards our parents or any elders our children too will learn the same way. First it is we who have to show our love and respect towards elders automatically our kids too follow the same way. I am happy and proud to be a housewife, anytime my parents want me in india I immediately go for a few days. As men are busy with work and problem with holidays but I think even one person takeing care of them from a family is ok.
    Yes it is easy to give reasons not able to come and all but do we get back what we lose in life??
    Parents love and blessing are very important in life. It is just because of they love and blessings that we are successful in life. Once parents grow old they are like kids and it is our duty that time to look after them and take care of them as they have sacrificed a lot for us in life.
    So Mals all fingers are not same they are even some people who even after staying with parents all leaving in the same house they still leave like strangers.
    But one thing that I have noticed in Indus ladies everyone loves they family and friends a lot and are ready to help each other. I think by such a letter you too have come across people who love they parents a lot and are there for them when they need them.
    This is indeed a beautiful one. But I am sorry I get emotional with such writings. In case You feel I have hurt u or something in any way I am really sorry.

6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Yes Mals, i agree with you false is false everyone can see through it...but the other DIL does feel left out...even though she does her duties diligently slowly the feeling & emotions drain away and just duties are taken care of.

And sometimes they are in such a situation that it is difficult to pacify them...the only thing that i can think of to tell them is do your duty & god will take care of the rest....lets not forget our upbringing.

Roopa.

7. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Can anybody pls translate this into english,please if u have some time.So that I can understand correctly as to what it is.

In tamil, there is a saying

Thennaiyai vaithal ilaneeru
    Pillayai pethal kanneru

Thank u,
    suji

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suji,
    I try to translate, please be free to correct me if i am wrong:

Thennai-----coconut tree
    vaithaal------if you plant
    ilaneeru------tender coconut water inside the coconut
    pillai----------the children
    pehtal--------give birth to
    kanneeru----tears

If you plant a coconut tree at least it will give you some 'tender coconut water' to drink ( it is useful in this way) But,
    if you give birth to the children (only to those children who are bad to their parents are indicated here) they give only 'tears'.

Hope I made it clear

sriniketan

9. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thank u sriniketan for ur reply.Yes,I now understand the meaning.I am not a tamilian but I do watch a lot of tamil movies (especially rajani movies).But sometimes things like proverbs become difficult to understand.
    Thanks for taking time and translating.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Suji,

Sorry for not noticing your post. Like a true friend, she jumped in and explained it to you in a much better way that what I would have done.
    Thanks Suji
    Thanks a ton Sri