1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange of Letters- A MUST READ

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 26, 2007.

1. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Mals,
    I have read many of your writings... But this one just got tears flowing out from my eyes... It reminded me of my mom... My mom is no more... She passed away when I and my sister were still studying... We have seen her suffering because of her disease but were helpless... Only thing we cud do was to take care of her... She was bedridden in her last days... But still always used to think about us.. Whether we are studying properly, eating properly, etc, etc... We are grateful that all her loved ones were close by when she passed away...

-Devotee

2. UshaV

UshaV New IL'ite

Thanks bala.

As u said, a cousin of hers is at her parents place to lend a helping hand. As far as inlaws, they r at their daughter's place for her delivery.

I will do suggest to her about taking a break after the term, if its feasible.

Thanks once again

Usha

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi AC and Sri,

Was wondering where my friends are.. finally located both of you in this thread.
    Parents love for their children can never be measured. Even my mom, would always find me weak, though I am a healthy person. She would keep feeding me with goodies.. When my friends and neighbours praise me for my cooking abilities I say a sincere prayers to her.. All praises from this world is attributed to my parents who have taught me to survive, to walk, to talk, to write, to understand... I am nothing without them.. the appearance that I am proud of,,, is also created by them.. so what is me as an individual... a part of my parents thats all.......

Keep hopping in my posts, it boosts my morale to scribble more "yawning" posts like this...

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Devotee,

When I see such incidents around me, tears fill my eyes too... Wheres the world going.. are we destroying ourselves. Don't we believe in the spinning wheel... Are we immortal .... cycle is churning... our time will also come.. hope people realize and move ahead....

What you earn is going to be left behind and what treatment you mete out to your parents is what you will get in your old age... be prepared is the message I would like to give all those who ignore their parents...

Thanks devotee for your tear jerking post...
    Your moms blessings will be on both of you.. You will never fall in life as her loving hands will come in many forms to protect both of you always...

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear malspie,
    Before going on I would like to say that this is my first response to your threads.It happened that my first response to a thread which is really touching and it was because of this valuable post(I mean the moral and the message) it made me not to reply so long.Is it not???Now comig back,the article reflects two messages.Firstly the sad story of parents who are always ready to help their children at any cost ,at any point of time without expecting a bit of help in turn except wanting them to be happy in their life, and longing to see them always till their end.
    Bhagvat gita says
    (in tamil)
    “kadamayai sei ,palanai edhirparkkathey”
    The above message is based on this.The parents are ready to do whatever their children need without expecting anything in return.Well said .

Secondly the meaning of the word “selfish” becomes complete and took its shape when the son said abt mansi busy with exams of her children and the one which is unacceptable is that she enrolled for vacation studies.Education is of utmost priority these days,but not at the cost of selling our humanity.The parents though they are in critical and helpless condition sounded submissive to their children and the mother in turn ,even in her death bed ,trying to satisfy her son and daughter’s needs.Really heartening.

But on the other end I may say that not all children are like the one portrayed in the article.Since exceptions are not considered as examples there are children who still love to be with parents(morally) till their life and I even heard canceling all his proposals ad catching the very next flight to reach his parents.

But we must know the two sides of the coin which is well said in this post.

Malspie,hats off.Excellent and touching post.Keep coming up with such valuable posts.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhargs (If I can call you that),

Let me first appreciate how minutely you have read my thread and the way you have expressed your views is exactly what I wanted to
    convey...

There are two sides of every coin, the good ones every one talks about the bad ones are swept under the carpet... They try to cover it up with lame excuses.

As a writer, its our duty to reach our torch to all sectors... i am humbly trying to do so.. Thanks dearie for such a lovely view....

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi mals,
    you are my dear friend.You can call me anything you like.Yes you are right,no one thinks abt the bad side ,that is the worst case.Everything works out under best case.
    Thank you mals for your prompt response.

8. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Very very touching. I am in tears. Feel sorry for the parents who have such selfish son and daughter.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Poonam,

Nice to see you in my post... Tears rolled in many eyes and hope our collective efforts have moved some stone hearts...

10. sahi

sahi New IL'ite

very true and touching post.....

sahi