1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange of Letters- A MUST READ

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 26, 2007.

1. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

I couldnt stop crying when i read both dad and mom's letter to their children.
    As Vysan said there are exceptions to this. Nowadays for most of the families money is not a problem.

After reading all this, what is the solution? Is giving good education to kids, is that a problem??? If he is not educated too much, he wouldnt have left the country. But in todays world both son and daughter are the same. Earlier they wanted boy child so that he is there to take care during the old age. In todays world there is no difference.

Chitvish - I liked your reply and using Gibrans word.

Shanvy - You are correct atleast one of them should have been there with mom's old age, atleast when she was counting her days. But did you see the way in which mom has replied, she never expected anything from them.Money is not a problem nowadays.

But what is the solution???

Bala

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi bala,

Both me and veda have written from personal experience. i was with my MIL when she was bedridden. Veda had taken a sabbatical for six months sitting at home keeping her happy...we came back to be with her...she loved every bit of it...but in our case we were hard pressed for money..so veda left me and the kids with her and went back....but no regrets from both of us...money is something we can earn, as we have her blessings....

But though we have set a good example for our children, i believe in what chithmam has quoted from girban's.... They are individuals from the day they are born...so no expectations...that is what the mother has done...she is being a mother whether the son is doing his duty....

that is why we say mata,pita,guru and deivam.......

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

I really appreciate both of you. It is rare to find people like you nowadays. Veda is really great leaving the job for 6 months and being with his mom during her last days.
    Hats off to both of you. You really have set good example for your kids. My respect for you both have increased. I am sure your MIL also has set a good example to Veda.

When my dad was bedridden for 2 years, i came only when my sister said that he is having now problem with eyesight and he already had lost his speech, moblity.....I wanted to spend time with him with my daughter and came for a month(i was depressed too much thinking of my family back home), i was happy that i went for a month atleast and even them.Then when he was hospitalised, i relocated to Dubai and was only 4 days here and i rushed to India, i saw him in ICU and after discharge within 3 days he died.. Hats off to my younger sister who was physically helping him with everything and my financial help was nothing compared to her duty.

Do not worry. You surely have your MIL's blessing and also my true wishes, do not worry all your financial problems will be gone. I can write but not so well like you. I really have no words to appreciate both of you.

Bala

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thanks for stepping in as usual. Indeed its a bad scene in todays life and everyone has to globally stand up and think what can be done.... or quietly surrender to the generation next - if thats trendy enough.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

How well you understand my posts, I never have to explain it out to you.The quote mentioned by you is extremely true and reflects all that I said in my long letter. Did I not say you have way with words.... Waiting for more ink to flow from your pen.....

Love always and

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Veda,

For every given situation there are always exceptions. I do not understand why you have to mention about it. In one of my previous posts too, you had jumped the gun. Lets all behave like matured adults and learn to accept the situation, it may not be existing in our life or we may not be participating in any such situation but as a writer we are bound to be observant to our surroundings and point it out.

I really pity Shanthi, for every JUMP of yours she quitely posts a corrective post. How many more times are you going to put her under trial. You are lucky to have a female like her to be your spouse. s spitfire would have burnt you to ashes....

You know how I guess your personality.. very childish... Sorry, for putting it so straight forth... why spit then lick..... Always think before you write.................

I hope shanthi does not have to step again to clean the bin.............

I also sincerely appreciate your love for your parents, but its Veda : 200 of other people put together. Did you get that....

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Krish22,

The trend is ME AND MYSELF and thats where the trouble shoots from. Kaal Chakra is spinning and every one's turn is waiting... How many realise.. A pity ...

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Balamotwani,

When I was in the hospital nursing one of my relatives, I have seen such scenes around. All old and young came forward to bless me saying that this "SEWA" will pave my way to my success. I was like Florance Nightingale in the hospital, rushing from one bed to other asking if they need any help. I too had tears in my eyes...

Like a fool, I did not even know that a young girl was yelling cause of Labour pain, I brought the whole hospital down to get her to the ICU.. Later, when she delivered a bonny baby boy, she smiled at my innocence.... Foolish that I was...

Thanks for stepping in...

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

mals,

touching to say the least.

This is the genreal trend, these days, though there are exceptions.

There is a story my mother used to tell uis when we were small.Here it goes.

A woman's son married.The DIL could not get along with her MIL, so one day she told her husband that if u love me, cutt off the heart of yr mother and give me as a present.

The lovelorn son went and killed his mother, and took out her heart, but he tripped and the heart fell to the floor.And a voice came out " Son i hope u are not hurt"

Thats mothers love.Adn the quality we see today,old parents are treated by some as old furniture,to throw them out and get new ones.

Sad but true.Reards.kamal

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Kamal,

That was very heart touching. Parents love for their children cannot be measured nor expressed through words, Its a feeling we all should enjoy and give them immense love and attention. They are not after any materialistic gifts but a HUG is all they want...

Thanks for posting...