Evil Eye ...Please help

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by cuteedimple, Apr 7, 2009.

1. cuteedimple

cuteedimple New IL'ite

Hi

I have noticed that when we(myself and dh) go somewhere or talk to some people(only certain people) over phone, immediately , we start arguing/fighting - in short there is a negative vibe . This happens only when we talk only to certain people not everyone.
    Call me old fashioned , but I think that , it's due to drishti dosham(evil eye) because we argue over silly things which doens't make sense. End of last year , some good things happened to DH's professional life and because of all this, i specifically told my parents and inlaws , to not make it a huge affair - though they did the exact oppsite. i have been falling sick from then . I had undergone several tests and the doctors are saying that they cannot find the cause, could be some allergy or something and am getting scared because my condition is worsening, not sure
    whether it's due to some black magic/evil eye....Kindly advice me if you have ever faced a similar issue.

Am i over reacting...Is there any pooja/sloka's that i can do/recite to remove all this ...Please guide me girls

Thanks

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

if you believe in such black magic then kindly pray for Lord Ganesha , Hanuman and Mother Goddess
    ( could be Parvathi / Durga / Rajeswari ... any Mother Goddess that you believe as the Shakti ) . Let
    us hope that you get relief from such evil things soon .

3. Aabha

Aabha Silver IL'ite

Hi cutedimple,
    its sad to know about ur health........
    About the evil eye I can only say that you should not give due importance to it..
    if you beleive in God...pray to him for your happy and healthy life.....
    I am not denying the presence of evil eye but I think our faith in our God is more important and if your faith is strong all this issues will not exist.....God is primary and foremost......
    If you still believe in evil eye and want to get rid of it..you can wear pendant of the God you usually pray.....HE will protect you......
    I have also heard that
    "if you follow superstition ...it will follow you........"

4. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

You have a choice in this. we call this "kandrishti".
    You can wear a pendant of your favourite diety on you.
    There is another method to take the drishti out.
    For yourself,take a palmful of rocksalt,do an anticlockwise full round head to toe for 3 times praying & without seeing it,drain it with water in a wash basin.This is an effective Drishti removal technique.

Geevee

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear cutee,
    i think psychologically you are having a fear. some sort of insecurity. have faith in GOD. Pray to him with hope and faith. apart from that if you believe there is thrishti, tie a black thread with SHIRDISAI OR VINAYAKAR pendant tieit around your neck. do not give roomto negative feelings. take medicines and concentrate on your health. take care
    with love
    pad.

6. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Ragini : Thanks dear...am praying sincerely to deities, hoping to get better soon.

Aabha: I agree with you on the quote "if you follow superstition ...it will follow you........" , the thing is i never believed in such superstitions before, but when certain things in life happens, i couldn't find any justification for that. So i guess my mind wanted to get a wall to hang on to.. your message was a good reminder for me , from being silly ...I am trying to remain positive and pray to god.

Padmini: Thanks for the message dear.. I am trying to remain positive and pray to god.

7. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

Women of yester years are very strong mentally and physically. But today's women are very weak(unable to give birth to more than a couple of child and that too cesearean) and not to speak about mental attitude a very large amount of divorce cases in court, or else end up in illicit relationships to fill the life vaccum.
    One best reason I can find which relates to this question is today's women do not offer prayer to naga devatha. Every friday women used to circumbulate the peepal tree wherein the naga deity will be found. Milk will be offered to the statue and pooja will be done.
    Now what happens is that the snake idol is an exact replica of the kundalini shakthi which in turn makes the women mentally strong. It is more than equal to doing meditation. It will ensure that women do not fall under seduction and will be able to withstand family problems even in worst circumstances.

The question of evil eye will automatically be solved when your mind becomes strong and thus will start finding ways to come out of the problem

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  8. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Dear cutedimple

Me too have such feelings when I meet some relatives...especially now that I am pregnant, I avoid meeting them to keep such doshams away...

Hanuman, skandan and narasimha are the authoritarians for such doshams, black magic...Chant hanuman chalisa,manthra raajapatha stotram or skanda shasti daily.Chanting these will create a protective mantra cover(mantra kattu in tamil) around those who chant, and keeps doshams away.After chanting offer milk and consume with your DH.

Don't worry, you will recover.:thumbsup

Luv

Ridge

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear Cutie,

Evil eye...some people believe it and some dont...it all depends on how they take it...

As far as i remember...i saw my aunt taking salt in her left hand and rotating it in clockwise and anti-clockwise thrice and up and down and back also covering the whole body..it means in all directions to ward of dishti....and wash it off with water...i guess geevee suggested the same....

Another way,is to put kajal under any of your foot ....heard it wards away evil...hope you might have seen the mothers putting it on their kids foot and cheek...and apply powder....

Anyways these were a few suggestions dear ...:idea

Hope you get well soon...:thumbsup

-Pooja.

10. tetania

tetania New IL'ite

Hi thanks you guys cos my sis just asked me what she should do to get this evil eye off.. I told her to pray to Hanuman..
    You can say its superstitious but at times you can just feel that things are not right..

Tetania