1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everything is going wrong..

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SupriyaDinesh, May 26, 2010.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Mommies,
    I had enrolled priyash for a summer camp(15 days) , after a week he developed high fever,diagnosed as viral fever which later lead to diarhhoea.stopped the class.had very low food intake.indirectly every one told that its because i had enrolled him he got this. after he recovered we had to take a 2 day trip outside.he was fine.
    after few days i wanted to eat pizza and insisted we all eat there.so P had cheese pizza.He got fever and severe stomach pain in the early morning.screaming so much holding his tummy.gave medications and got blamed for making him eat pizza.tummy ache and fever vanished that day and was fine.next day he played a lot with his cousins, got this appetite back.gave him egg for lunch.now he is sick again.fever and fussy. i am feeling helpless and confused.already he is a picky eater and lean.it is heart breaking to see him weak and tired without eating proper meals.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Supriya,I don't know whether this will help but for Tarun,my mom advised me to give a little tea whenever he has some kind of stomach problem.It has worked for him till date.You can add a little crushed dry ginger(chukku) and elaichi if needed.

Hope he recovers soon from this phase.Till then keep his meals as light as possible,just rasam and curd also will do wonders.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I suggest that you have him tested for amoeba and parasites...perhaps he picked up something at that camp (drank river water, drank polluted well water). Be specific with your doctor as American doctors are notoriously bad at diagnosing this type of thing. Giardia can be in water in nature from the poop of deer who drink at streams. Giardia can come and go depending on the reproduction of the amoeba in the gut.

4. SupriyaDinesh

sunita,
    Thanks for the suggestion.his stomach bug is healed.has fever and weakness.

Tina,
    we are in india right now.will keep your suggestion in mind.Thanks.

5. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Supriya,
    Since you are in India right now, you can try deworming med for him. Me as a kid had castor oil 'Velakennai' as a deworming agent. But these days the Peds there have meds for this.

From what you say, it also looks like anything heavy on digestion (like cheese, eggs) is triggerring some reaction on him. May be you can try plain Rasam rice/ Kanji for a few days and then slowly give tiny amount of the food that caused the reaction and check if he's able to take it...

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

SD,

my assumption is that both illness are unrelated. perhaps his immunity and digestive ability was a bit low after the fever episode and hence the pizza triggered a tummy ache. did you consider a stool test? i suppose it's awfully hot where you live. my mom says excessive heat also caused tummy ache and loose motion. keep him hydrated. usually children do not eat that well when they have a digestive tract related infection. so don't worry. he'll gain weight later. i'd say stop diary products (see the link - something at the camp, pizza with cheese and then egg... makes him sick) and stick to pathiya saapadu. give him loads to drink.. ilaneer is a very good cooler. tempt him into eating simple fruits. he'll be better soon. ignore others' comments. a mother never wishes her son to fall sick. they're also worried about P getting sick and that's why picking on you. don't take that all to heart.

Latha

7. SupriyaDinesh

Smart_soul,
    we dewormed him few months back.will check if he needs again.

Latha,
    Your reasoning and explanation makes sense.my intention was to make his diet into a high calorie one.looks like it dint suit him.He i sinto normal light diet now.

Thanks.

8. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi supriya

How is priyash doing now ?

Regards
    santasekar

9. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    with loose motion & diarrhea i follow the BRAT diet plus ORS & boiled water(even boil it if using aqua guard)
    B-banana
    R-rice(kichadi with no oil)
    A-apple
    T-toast(dry)
    i picked this diet from dr sears site & really swear by it
    pragati

10. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

In addition to all ideas/suggestions here, Supriya, it could be an infection that he has not kicked fully. I think some stool test should find the cause. If the tummy aches continue, it maybe worth the while to ask your paed or lab for a stool test. Hugs for little P and you.