1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everything in doubles...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Punitha,
    Come on and hijack this thread, otherwise how can this become a popular thread!

sure with in-laws around 'double the work', same in my case too!

sriniketan

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

No excuses for kids.

Thank God you are not my mother!:hide

3. Meenaneelakantan

Dear Srini Teacher

Haiyo! Epdi ipdila! Great discoveries about mixing kootu with saadham n drinking paayasam from a cup!!! Bow:hatsoff

Your imagination is going beyond limits!!!:clap:clap Even i dint think of my bio while using 'worms' here.. See how far you have improved...This is all because of getting Meena ,the great as your student...

4. Meenaneelakantan

Dear Shanthi ma’am

You want me to come to your home?? I will change your kids too n later you will start cursing me instead of my mom blessing you. I now remember Lata akka telling me today afternoon, “Adipavi theriyadhadhellam en kozhandhaiku solli kuduthuduva pola.” Tell your friend that Theriyadhathan solli kuduka mudiyumnu. Big Laugh

I now a days give senti attacks to my mom saying, “I wont be here at home after a few months, better do whatever I like so that you don’t feel for it later.” :)

[FONT=&quot]I think the only title mothers get for teaching good things to their kids is ‘Hitler.’ Even today I used it, an hour back. I was talking to my mom n she noticed long nails in my right hand n said, “Rendu naala adha cut panna sollindu irukaen innum cut pannala ne.” For which I told, “Sariyana lady Hitler ma ne.”My mom hit back saying, “Na Hitler, Poolan devi enna vaenumo solliko, enaku kavalai illa ana naalaiku na un right handla nails paaka kudathu.” She dint stop with that, started talking about hygienic, sanitary conditions n all that as if teaching to a kindergarten kid. So I had to give in atlast saying I will cut it tomorrow. [FONT=&quot]:cry::cry::cry:[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

If my mom was alive she would have narrated to you how difficult was it to bring us up when we were kids. Only two of us, but were equal to dozen. Myself and my sis, had varied tastes from clothes to food, nothing matched other than genes. Mom had a tough time in the kitchen, one dish for me and another for her and please let me not forget to mention she was a working woman. She would spin the kitchen to keep things ready. Dad would dutifully help her, but finally it was always doubles.

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,

Here comes something which I hope makes you are in top of the world.

My grandparents stopped eating spicy foods from time immemorial. If my Mom wants to add onion in anything....that's it; read the following...

1. Without onion and chillies for my grandma
    2. With onion and without chillies for my grandpa as he loved onions
    3. Without onion and with chillies for my maternal grandpa (He lived with us in his last four yrs as my mom is the only daughter; my paternal grandparents requested him to come and stay with us).
    4. With onion and chillies for the rest of us (poor me, a small girl; I used to lose my interest in eating as it would take a long time to reach the 4th stage).

Otherwise, it used to be 'everything in doubles' for the day to day purpose. There was a practice of 3 curds, too; buttermilk, curd without and with cream.

And for sometime no coconut as my Dad got cholestrol......:idontgetit:But, both the grandfathers liked coconut.

Could you guys really understand these desciptions? I doubt it...

Regards,
    Oviya.

7. Sriniketan

See Punitha, didn't I tell you, by hijacking the thread...atleast mine becomes popular..(cheap tactics)uh..

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

Hi Mals,
    Mom is a mom always , whether she works outside or inside right!
    Dutiful father too----
    Pairs help making doubles...good!

sorry to hear about your mom..

sriniketan

9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeah... I agree....
    we need to use in times.....

10. Sriniketan

Oviya,
    First of all I like your name. BTW do you like oviyams?

I atlast got one thing from your post----your mom must be kept in a pedestal for the work she is managing..Bow

You made my day and feel a little bit ok and made my job look nothing compared to your mom's.

sriniketan