1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everything happens for a reason !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by msid, May 23, 2013.

1. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]" Everything happens for a reason "

I never believed in this quote. Whenever people say this to me, I never agree. I always felt that it was just a word of consolation unless my own life proved that I am wrong.

Like every others' life, my life had it troubles too. I studied in a tamil medium school till my 5 th grade. As I was a topper in my class, I got admission in Don Bosco one of the prestigious schools of my town. I did not want to join there. But my parents considered me lucky as I got admit in merit.

I felt totally out of place in that school amidst rich and English speaking kids. Like every other person in the world, I complained. I complained how bad my life is, how bad other kids treat me. At that time, I felt that my life was so bad.

But later I realized that those three years in that school didn't dump me. It made me a better person and I learned how to overcome my obstacles.

My mom said, " I told you right? Everything happens for a reason. Its good that you got admit there, now you are one of the best students of that school "

I never believed my mom. I felt I just got lucky once.

Later,

After my 12th standard, I had a decent score and I wanted to study in a college from Chennai ( at hostel ). But my parents were very attached to me and they didn't allow me to choose a college from Chennai. Eventually I had to choose a college situated in my hometown. I really felt angry towards my life that time and I complained of it again. I felt that I can never be happy in my life.
    But I realized it had a very deep reason only when my father passed away on my third year. My father was a government official and he was a very busy person. I never got to spend much time with him during my school days ( though I am (was) very attached to him ! ). He retired when I finished my 12th and I would say I was able to spend my last three years with him fully just because I chose a college on my hometown.

Then I thought, " may be everything is for greater good " .

A year back, When I was in my first year of my masters degree in the US. I complained when everyone got a part time job and I didn't. But a month later on my dad's birthday, I got assistantship from my professor, which was thousand time better than a part time job( which I consider as a gift from my dad ).

Even now, I have some problems, bigger than all that has happened before. But I don't complain anymore. Life has thought me ( this time in a hard , long way ! ) that everything is for greater good.

Friends, You may face a lot of difficulties, worries and problems. Dont be depressed or complain about your life. Have faith and keep marching towards your destination.

Life will always have a pleasant surprise for you ! :)

luv,

msid[/JUSTIFY]

18 people like this.

2. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Very well written msid.

3. BaminiV

BaminiV Senior IL'ite

thanx for ur healthy reciepe of life experience

4. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

thank u for your response :)

5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Conditioning of mind is what has happened in its natural course and that's what happens but most of us fail to understand and keep complaining why me???

6. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

I did that quite a lot of time ;)

7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear msid,

It always gives us perks once we are prepared to embrace to any situation come along the way.
    You experienced its fruits already for which you could not be happier.

Love,
    Bhavna

8. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

Hi msid, I also strongly believe in this - " Everything happens for a reason " God does everything for a reason and if the event wasn't anything happening at least we would have learnt a life time lesson out of it for sure. It felt nice reading through your experiences and its impact.

9. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

True :) ..

10. gannu0716

gannu0716 New IL'ite

Hi msid
    Good one indeed; At this time I remember the following : When we pray GOD replies 1), Here take it or 2) Wait , I'll give you something better than this!! or 3) Wait for sometime !!. HE never says "no". So please pray and ask.

Gannu0716
    "Never tell GOD how big your problem is, tell the Problem how big your GOD is"

2 people like this.