1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Comes back to u One Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 1, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Everything Comes back to u One Day

This is a blog about deceit, breach of faith, from someone as close as a Son.How greed and money can make u stab your own Dad like person. A real story in my life.Read on

I had written a blog about this fellow , lets call him Rakesh. And I had written good things about him then. I could not find the blog to post the link, so I repeat somethings, and what has transpired later.

Rakesh is my Neighbour. Born a few weeks before my elder daughter was born. His Dad and me are great friends, his dad being responsible for the completion of the construction of our home, and I can never thank him enough , when he helped me during that very difficult phrase, when we were very new to Jaipur.

Rakesh I used to treat at my son, born before my eyes. He did his MBA, and joined a company. He called me up to say, he sells Mutual Funds, this I talk of 2007 end., when the markets were at their best. I bought substantial MF’s from him, and he promised me a commission from the 2.25% they got from the Fund Houses, but he said it will take a month or so, I said I am in no hurry.

I started to buy in the First week of January 08, when the Mutual Funds announced, that if u go to them direct, they will not charge u the 2.25 commission . Rakesh requested me, Uncle, I will pay u 1.75% commission, please lose that 0.50% for me, for it will help me in the company that I work for, that I brought this much business for them.

I agreed, for he is just like my son, and gave him the cheques. And I bought two more lots through him,, for this time the markets crashed, and I wanted to cover up by buying the same MF’s at a lower price.

I lost heavily at one time I was losing 55% of my principal, but I stayed put, and did not blame anyone, for I had gone in this with my eyes open, and with greed, and not proper knowledge, so I took the boot. In hindsight I see, he sold me a lot of NFO (New Fund Offers) , which had a 6% commission, and which have lost the most, even now those funds are at 60% down, some of them are the JM Basic, JP Morgan groups.

For one year I kept pursuing Rakesh to give my commission, and he said today , or tomorrow, till I gave him a date, and then he said, sorry Uncle , the agent has refused to give me , and so I cant give u. I was shocked and hurt by this.I told him, on yr say so, I gave it to u, if I had given direct to the MF’s I would have saved myself 2.25%.

But Rakesh stuck to his guns, and said I am not giving u anything.Then I told him, listen son, pay me half of what u have to give me, and pay that to me over 10 monthly installments, but he would still not budge, and kept the phone down.

Well, I felt very bad, that someone whom I treated like a son, has so stabbed me in the back. You know hurt persists, it was not the loss of money that hurt me so much as the attitude of his. Knowing I have suffered losses in what he advised me, and then this !

But then I saw the silver lining, and I heaved a sigh of relief. I had given him my visiting cards, and references to some of my exporter friends, whom I personally called , and told them to please listen to this son of mine, and to make investments if they felt like.

And each of these friends of mine, could have given Rakesh investments worth a few crores one shot, the commission of which would run into lakhs of Ruppees. Luclkily he did not go to them, for they are a little far from the city, and I wonder if he had got their investments and gypped them of the commission, they would have caught me, and I would have had topay them from my pocket. God saved me , from this castrophe

I have not told his Dad anything, for he was not involved at all in this, netiher did he promote his son to me. So how can I blame him

But now look at this quirk of fate ! This fellow is in the marriage market, and yesterday I got a call from someone, whom I don’t know, asking me, that since I know this family since childhood , he being the Girl’s father, how is the boy Rakesh ? I was at a loss of words for once . Do I flay this fellow, for now I have got the opportunity, to have my pound of flesh ?

Well , I changed my mind and gave a good report, and I don’t know what will happen to the proposal.

Life surely boomerangs on u, some day or the day.Your bad deeds do come back to haunt u some day. What saddens me is that a son can do this to his dad, all for a few pennies of Silver ? Is this what making money is all about ? Is this what they teach u in B Schools ? To make money at any cost, As Sachman Gold has also proved ?

Amen !

KAMAL MAHTANI

This joke is based on the old folklore, first the old one

A Farmer goes to Jungle with his axe to cut wood for his firewood. The axe falls down a well. He prays to God, that it is his lifeline to please help him.

God appears, and goes down the well, and brings out a Golden Axe and asks the farmer if this is yours, The farmer in all his honesty, says NO
    Then god goes down and brings a Silver one, the farmer says No
    Then god goes down and brings his wooden one, and the Farmer says YES

God is happy and gives him all the Three, for his honesty.

Now comes the modern day version

An Old couple walking in the forest for a stroll, the wife falls down the well, the old man prays to the Lord, the Lord comes

Lord goes down the Well, and brings out Deepika Padukone, and asks the old man, Is this your Wife ?

Old man – Yes she is my wife, thank u Lord !

God gets very angry, and says old man, U are a bloody scoundrel, and I want to curse u.

The old man Tells the lord – Listen Big boss, don’t get angry with me, first listen to me.Then u decide what is to be done with me.

Lord still angry, decides to give the old man a patient hearing.

The old man says “ Lord, even I know the folklore about the farmer. Suppose I had said no to Deepika, u would hve gone down and brough Rakhee Sawant, and if I had said no, you would have brought my wife, and then u would hve given all 3 to me.

Now when I find it difficult to maintain one wife, how will I manage 3 wives ? That is why I said yes immediately for I did not wanted to be landed with 3.

And then, I lost an old one, and I am getting a newer model in exchange, so I said Yes ! Dosnt that make more sense, my Lord !

Well the lord was as stumped as I am, and I don’t know if Deepika agreed to be the old man’s wife, as per last reports she had moved on to Yuvi, Dhoni, Ranbeer and the lord and myself have lost count of who is next !!!

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

As per your heading says , everything comes back to you one day.. How does your kindness towards Rakesh came back to you. Infact you were back-stabbed by him and incurred losses. And then when somebody asked you about him , you again said good of him..I imagine if i'd been at your place, I also would have done the same, inspite of not liking him.

The modern version of the folklore can't be argued upon, as he has a solid logic :lol::lol::lol:

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamal
    I am utterly disappointed with you. You seem to be more interested in your Saint-like image than being practical and honest. Tell me Kamal, when a reference about a guy like Rakesh is made to you, should you have not cautioned the prospective bride's family about this guy's crooked tendencies in business? How can you mislead the bride's family saying he is a good boy? If tomorrow, the girl suffers in his hands, won't you feel sorry? Won't you suffer a guilty feeling for life?
    Sri

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    Indeed very sorry to hear your experience with a person whom you relied much. We would shatter to pieces when a person does like this. But you have digested it even passed good opinion about that boy !! This shows your nobility!!!But as Mr. Cheeniya said you could have told the girl's side about his dis honesty.
    Dishonesty is a quality which sits at conflicting ends with truth. Many of us probably experienced dishonest behavior from others at some point in our lives, whether its people keeping secrets, lying, keeping up a facade, being hypocritical, trying to cheat us, and so on. On the map of consciousness, dishonesty tends to be dominant among lower consciousness people.Sometimes, cutting dishonest people away from your life doesn’t have to be permanent. Spending time away from them usually gives them a chance for proper introspection. They may also face situations in their life after wards which propel them to become better people. A few years down the road and they may have changed into completely different individuals.
    I am still laughing at the new version of wood cutter:biglaugh:rotfl
    Now the joke:
    One day my wife and I came home to find a message from a friend of hers on our phone machine. She said she had applied for a job and needed a character reference—basically someone to verify she was honest and trustworthy—and had given the interviewer my wife’s name. Also, she said, there was a form for my wife to sign.

"But I couldn’t find you," the friend concluded, "so I forged your signature."
    with love
    pad

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Pranams Kamalji

This some a post with a serious stuff. You made me go read the episode where Rakesh kind of acted smart in fetching lot of business from you and not giving you the promised commissin.

But when there was enquiry if he was good by character, you were nice enough to say good words about him. That shows how magnanimous you are.

Lekin, as Cheeniya Sir has said, I too feel you should have given a clue about him so that no one else gets cheated in future.

About your modern version of the old axe story, the man was very smart, unlike the old farmer to grab whatever God offered first. First thing, the lady was Deepika Padukone and best part, in case he had been honest and did not accept her, he would have had to accept three wives!!!!

This has really compensated for the katti jokes this time!

6. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I completely second the opinion of Mr.cheeniya.

shashu

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,

i can empathize with you as a similar thing has happened to me with my neighbor and then best friend.will write about it sometime.
    anyways by not telling anything about this to this rakeshs father you did the absolutely right thing.why upset the poor man for no fault of his.
    but you should have told the truth (lightly warn him that though the family is good you had a bad experience with that boy and that he should make further inquiries before going ahead with the alliance) to the would be brides father because a girls future is at stake here.

chalo, i can understand your point of view too.just because he cheated you doesnt mean that he will be a bad husband,no??? interesting moral issue :)

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji
    There are many such crooks now a days too. This Rakesh is your mauha boli son but I heard once in one village the son has stabbed his own father for the sake of money.
    But kamalji you have written everything comes back to you one day but what has come back to Rakesh you have told good about him he has got more rewards then curses.
    Your modern day Joke was superb......hehehe why have 3 one beauty and sexy is enough..

9. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear kamalji

a touching write up. Eventhough you loose money it is nice that you hide things from his father but I dont agree with the proposal part friend. that it is not only rakesh but an innocent girls life is also matters in this. the parents enquired qith you in the vishwas that they will get the correct report. anyway I really enjoyed your jokes part . very brilliant reply by the husband to the god. super imagination. do write often,

ganges

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear kamalji

i can understand your feeling of hurt. Definitely it hurts more when somebody near and dear was cause of that hurt.

I agree with you that whatever you give, it come backs to you. But since you were always doing good, rest assure, only good will come to you.

This incident maybe gods way of making you more wiser in money matters.:)

The jokes as usual are wonderful.