1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone needs someone like you...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

With the papers giving so many ads, articles on friendship on the occasion of friendship day and many celebrities talking about their friends, their celebrations and hangouts for the day on the media, I am thinking about my friends, whom I cherish.

I never made friends easily throughout my school or college, I always had that initial reluctance to proceed towards friendship from acquaintance. even some of my friends in IL think I am a head strong, too studious type though few of them have realized that it takes me a long time to forge a friendship. My DS makes friends within minutes completely opposite to me. Once the friendship network was introduced in IL, many of the members started friendship requests, and we accept some and reject some. Once my dear friend from IL did ask me, do we really need to be on this network to be friends, though I told her that it allows us to photo sharing features and all, I myself am still not convinced what am I really doing with this network, though if you look at my profile I do have around 70+ friends in my network and a few rejects though it is never with the intention of hurting them.

I cherish and respect friends and friendship more than I can express in words. I feel that there is no language for friendship. I have written so much about what friendship means to me, and also my close friend…

Friendship is something like a gift from Angels that needs to be cherished and treasured.

A ode to my dear friend…

Everyone needs someone like you,
    A great person to be with,
    A person who places smiles,
    Replacing the frowns on the face,
    A person who has a great kind heart,
    Who never laughs at any attempts
    Pats on victories and defeats alike,
    A wonderful knack to decide,
    When to offer advice,
    When to silently support,
    A soul who is always at guard,
    Be it my life or my secrets,
    Like they are precious gifts,
    An Ear that listens to all my fears,
    A hand that is ready to wipe tears,
    The arms those are ready to hug,
    When in need for assurance,
    Distance never matters,
    For you know to reach,
    When a friend is in need.
    A friend so great, inspires
    Others to be a better friend,

A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself. IT is said that Friendship is never forgotten, and you can never say you have a lost a friend, if the friendship is capable of ending, it is because it never existed at the first instance. So choose your friends wisely and retain them. a small chat, a small note, a phone call, a mail or visit to say that your friend is in your thoughts and that you cherish them as they deserve.

Happy Friendship day to all

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi,

That was a beautiful ode to friendship.
    Having spoken to you over the phone for a couple of time, I never felt any sign of reluctance on your part.

Regarding myself, I guess, I am easily approachable, but take time to get very close to anyone. I cannot say that my close friend circle is big. But few, who are as just like the one described in the poem of yours. With a few, I am in regular touch...with another, not so regular..but we can contact each other at anytime, without feeling the need to ask or explain the reason for not getting in touch for such a long time. I guess, it was because, we had build such a strong bond during our earlier stage of friendship. We know we are always there to boost or be happy for each other whenever we need.
    Belated Friendship day wishes to you, Shanthi. (I think this is just a formality, to wish on a single day)

Bye

3. Meerasan78

Meerasan78 New IL'ite

Hi,

Yes everyone needs a friend whom they can share little secrets, cry, laugh.

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nice to read about your allies Shanthi.
    Surprisingly i never make friends,feared of that PARTING,but on seeing me they tend to make a tie up .And this trend was top after login to IL.My allies list goes on climbing...
    apart from IL have lots of friends no bar for age.
    For me Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.Its like bulidingup of a relationship.Friends are relatives I make for myself..The most I can do for my friends is simply be their friends.

A good friend makes me laugh when am suppose to be crying.
    A good friend makes me feel rich when I don't have a dime.
    A good friend makes me feel hope is there when I feel all hope is gone.
    A good friend protects me when my worst enemy harms me.
    A good friend is there when backstabbers are not.
    A good friend helps me when others scandalize my name.
    A good friend is just like my brother or sister, a knot ties two together and never comes apart.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Saras dearie,

Definitely a formality. but sometimes i get carried away. my kids pick up bands, make some and i guess, that sparks a jumpstart for my wishing spree at many a time.

Oh thanks for saying that i am not so reluctant, maybe IL has definitely changed certain facets.

my close friends are also few. and they are like the nucleus. and others form concentric circles around it. I am very particular about keeping them as they are.that is where my reluctance creeps...:hide:

Thanks for joining me here. I believe even if they are few, they should be there for us come what may...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meerasan78,

Welcome to my blogs. sorry for the late reply. Had some problems with my system.

yes everybody needs a good friend. show me your friends, i will tell what you are is something that had been quoted frequently.

Thanks for being here.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

YK,

You have stamped those lines into my mind. beautiful. Just being there as a friend is what makes a friend unique i think.

Age makes no bar for friendship. Never worry about parting, as it is just a phase which a good friendship can overcome as you can catch from where we left.

Thanks for being her...

8. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi

I agree it takes time to build up real friends. Very well written.

Veen

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Veen,

It definitely takes a lot of effort and time to build up real friends, but a real friend that you cultivate is going to be there till the end, at all times for you.

thanks for being here.