1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everyday Heroes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sundarusha, Mar 5, 2010.

1. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Nandhu

Goodness still exists and reading about such gentle souls reaffirms our faith in it. The story about her large heart came to us at the appropriate time when so much drama and trauma are going on around us.

Especially for her to lead a simple life in such a materialistic world when she could afford to live better and send a large donation to a greater cause is highly commendable.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Sabitha

thanks for sharing the news about the generosity of the Taiwanese vegetable seller.

She made a difference in many children's lives by making sure that they did not miss out on education and proper healthcare just like her. Instead of changing her missed opportunities into bitterness, she turned around and enriched the lives of many! What a noble soul!
    She is another role model and a true hero.

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Susri,

Good to see you here and read the lovely fb. You have rightly said that because of a few good people, the rain God is still blessing us.

There are people who are not really greedy

Indeed they are the wealthy ones, isn't it?

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear KMji

I am smiling ear to ear now reading your lovely lines and let me add that I am very humbled that you have such confidence in my writing skills. I am here only, just was busy last month with the healthy foods forum ( for which I even won a prize) and the valentine contest. I try to read as many posts as possible, lest they are too long and replied to as many as I can.
    Very happy to see the upcoming writers and enjoy their posts very much.

Thanks for stopping here, KM ji and sure, I will try and keep blabbering something from time to time.

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganges,

thank you for writing here. It is true that persons who have genuine love and care for a cause only work for the cause and not for recognition.
    Well, let us hope that some of the society can be fooled by some of the society but that will not work all the time as it has been exposed in this instance.

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Thank you for bringing such a nice news story to our notice.

It fills the heart with warmth and good vibes.
    God bless these unsung angels. :bowdown

Its a pity only sensationalism sells and such news bits are buried somewhere unnoticeable.

As an old saying goes, its only because of good people like this that the world gets life -nourishing rains.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Usha,
    Thanks for sharing this 'silver-lining in the cloud' news..among other dark news around us.
    Yeah, I read about this great woman in the news...Sabitha, thanks for sharing this news too..
    I also came to know that during the tsunami time in India, a beggar, donated all this collections..to a fund, which was being collected at that time by some organisation.
    Sure these news make us think, let's do something like this and make a good change to the people around us.

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear usha,

thanks for bringing us the story of this simple unassuming woman.WOW but what a difference she has made to the world.i agree with your last statement..even if we cannot be a hundred percent like them let us try and o emulate some of their qualities at least.
    reading about such people surely makes a little difference to our priorities in life.:)

1 person likes this.
  9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I read about the story of this woman in yahoo news. Actually, there is a TV show called CNN Heroes for which an ordinary citizen doing extra ordinary service is featured. You may find more about them here on

CNN Heroes

You are right about the TV networks playing the scandals over and over. In fact, they should have a channel called scandal network and broadcast only that.

On the other hand, it might serve some purpose in bringing awareness to the public. This swamiji has visited our city twice in the last year, conducting free lectures and workshops. The free lectures attracted a great number of listeners, among whom were a large number of westerners. Only they know how much they have invested their time and money in his programs. In order that the image of India and the gurus not be tarnished, it is better that the channels bring all the happenings to light.

Luckliy, I don't subscribe to sun tv and I only came to know about this news through IL. If I had to listen to this news over and over , may be I too would be :spin

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Usha (my namesake)

Thank you for the lovely comments. You are right, listening to the scandalous news of the senators and the film stars is one thing, now it has taken a new dimension with the latest news.

Kudos to Grace Groner for bringing cheers to us.