Everyday A Story With Moral From Google

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Heart touching story .I expected that should be will happen...@iyerviji mama

‘BLESSED INDEED IS THE MAN WHO HEARS MANY GENTLE VOICES CALL HIM FATHER’

He makes Many silent Sacrifice for us ~ Love u Daddy....Me to love my father so much...:)

iyerviji likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

An Inspirational story…..

A Child once gives a handmade card to his parents….

On it is his small hand print and inside his photograph and these words… “Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small – when I leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls –

But I am growing everyday – And someday these tiny fingerprints will surely fade away…. So here is a final hand print, just so you can recall – Exactly how my fingerprints looked when I was very small”……

Moral

Don’t wait to spend time with kids “when things slow down” or “when u get that big promotion” or ” next year when you get more time” …

If you don’t act on life , Life has a habit of acting on you….

The greatest gift you can gift to a child is the gift of your time…

R

Lathasv and jskls like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Controlling Temper
    [​IMG]
    There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily, gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said “you have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.”

Moral: You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there. Make sure you control your temper the next time you are tempted to say something you will regret later.

Sairindhri and Lathasv like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The Seed (Story)

A successful business man was growing old and knew it was time to choose a successor to take over the business...
    Instead of choosing one of his Directors or his children, he decided to do
    something different. He called all the young executives in his company
    together.
    He said, "It is time for me to step down and choose the next CEO.
    I have decided to choose one of you.. "The young executives were Shocked, but the boss continued. "I am going to give each one of you a SEED
    today - one very special SEED... I want you to plant the seed, water it, and come back here one year from today with what you have grown from
    the seed I have given you. I will then judge the plants that you bring,
    and the one I choose will be the next CEO."
    One man, named Jim, was there that day and he, like the others, received a
    seed. He went home and excitedly, told his wife the story. She helped
    him get a pot, soil and compost and he planted the seed. Everyday, he
    would water it and watch to see if it had grown. After about three
    weeks, some of the other executives began to talk about their seeds and
    the plants that were beginning to grow.
    Jim kept checking his seed, but nothing ever grew.
    Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks went by, still nothing.
    By now, others were talking about their plants, but Jim didn't have a plant and he felt like a failure.
    Six months went by -- still nothing in Jim's pot. He just knew he had
    killed his seed. Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had
    nothing. Jim didn't say anything to his colleagues, however.
    He just kept watering and fertilizing the soil - He so wanted the seed to grow.
    A year finally went by and all the young executives of the company brought their plants to the CEO for inspection.
    Jim told his wife that he wasn't going to take an empty pot. But she asked
    him to be honest about what happened. Jim felt sick to his stomach, it
    was going to be the most embarrassing moment of his life, but he knew
    his wife was right. He took his empty pot to the board room. When Jim
    arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other
    executives. They were beautiful -- in all shapes and sizes. Jim put his
    empty pot on the floor and many of his colleagues laughed, a few felt
    sorry for him!
    When the CEO arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted his young executives.
    Jim just tried to hide in the back. "My, what great plants, trees, and
    flowers you have grown," said the CEO. "Today one of you will be
    appointed the next CEO!"
    All of a sudden, the CEO spotted Jim at the back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered the Financial Director to bring him to the front. Jim
    was terrified. He thought, "The CEO knows I'm a failure! Maybe he will
    have me fired!"
    When Jim got to the front, the CEO asked him what had happened to his seed - Jim told him the story.
    The CEO asked everyone to sit down except Jim. He looked at Jim, and then
    announced to the young executives, "Behold your next Chief Executive
    Officer!
    His name is Jim!" Jim couldn't believe it. Jim couldn't even grow his seed.
    "How could he be the new CEO?" the others said.
    Then the CEO said, "One year ago today, I gave everyone in this room a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it, and bring it back to
    me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds; they were dead - it was not
    possible for them to grow.
    All of you, except Jim, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When
    you found that the seed would not grow, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Jim was the only one with the courage and honesty
    to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore, he is the one who will
    be the new Chief Executive Officer!"
    * If you plant honesty, you will reap trust
    * If you plant goodness, you will reap friends
    * If you plant humility, you will reap greatness
    * If you plant perseverance, you will reap contentment
    * If you plant consideration, you will reap perspective
    * If you plant hard work, you will reap success
    * If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation
    * If you plant faith in God, you will reap a harvest
    So, be careful what you plant now; it will determine what you will reap later.
    "Whatever You Give To Life, Life Gives You Back"

Jayasala 42

meepre and Lathasv like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The False Human Belief
    [​IMG]
    As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime can break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

Moral: Failure is a part of learning. We should never give up the struggle in life. You Fail not because you are destined to fail, but because there are lessons which you need to learn as you move on with your life.

Sairindhri and Lathasv like this.
  6. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

~The Cookie Thief~ An Inspirational Story (with Moral)
    Posted on June 29, 2011 by RJI
    PinterestFacebook[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~The Cookie Thief~ An Inspirational Story (with Moral).A woman was waiting at an airport one night, with several long hours before her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shops, bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop..
    She was engrossed in her book but happened to see, that the man sitting beside her, as bold as could be. . .grabbed a cookie or two from the bag in between, which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene. So she munched the cookies and watched the clock, as the gutsy cookie thief diminished her stock..She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by, thinking, “If I wasn’t so nice, I would blacken his eye.” With each cookie she took, he took one too, when only one was left, she wondered what he would do..With a smile on his face, and a nervous laugh, he took the last cookie and broke it in half. He offered her half, as he ate the other, she snatched it from him and thought… oooh, brother. This guy has some nerve and he’s also rude, why he didn’t even show any gratitude!.She had never known when she had been so galled, and sighed with relief when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate, refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate. She boarded the plane, and sank in her seat, then she sought her book, which was almost complete..As she reached in her baggage, she gasped with surprise, there was her bag of cookies, in front of her eyes. If mine are here, she moaned in despair, the others were his, and he tried to share..Too late to apologize, she realized with grief, that she was the rude one, the ingrate, the thief..
    MORALThose who jump before looking end up on head first in the shallow end. When you jump to conclusions you often skip over the truth & sometimes it is too late to make amends…….

Lathasv likes this.
  8. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji maa
    MORALThose who jump before looking end up on head first in the shallow end. When you jump to conclusions you often skip over the truth & sometimes it is too late to make amends…….
    Agree with the quote....

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Appreciation of Hard Work
    [​IMG]
    One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the first interview, the director did the last interview, made the last decision. The director discovered from the CV that the youth’s academic achievements were excellent all the way, from the secondary school until the postgraduate research, Never had a year when he did not score.

The director asked, “Did you obtain any scholarships in school?” The youth answered “none”.

The director asked, “Was it your father who paid for your school fees?” The youth answered, “My father passed away when I was one year old, it was my mother who paid for my school fees”.

The director asked, “Where did your mother work?” The youth answered, “My mother worked as clothes cleaner. The director requested the youth to show his hands. The youth showed a pair of hands that were smooth and perfect”.

The director asked, “Have you ever helped your mother wash the clothes before?” The youth answered, “Never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Furthermore, my mother can wash clothes faster than me”.

The director said, “I have a request. When you go back today, go and clean your mother’s hands, and then see me tomorrow morning”.

The youth felt that his chance of landing the job was high. When he went back, he happily requested his mother to let him clean her hands. His mother felt strange, happy but with mixed feelings, she showed her hands to the kid. The youth cleaned his mother’s hands slowly. His tear fell as he did that. It was the first time he noticed that his mother’s hands were so wrinkled, and there were so many bruises in her hands. Some bruises were so painful that his mother shivered when they were cleaned with water.

This was the first time the youth realized that it was this pair of hands that washed the clothes everyday to enable him to pay the school fee. The bruises in the mother’s hands were the price that the mother had to pay for his graduation, academic excellence and his future. After finishing the cleaning of his mother’s hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother. That night, mother and son talked for a very long time. Next morning, the youth went to the director’s office.

The Director noticed the tears in the youth’s eyes, asked: “Can you tell me what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?” The youth answered, “I cleaned my mother’s hand, and also finished cleaning all the remaining clothes”.

The Director asked, “please tell me your feelings”. The youth said, “Number 1, I know now what is appreciation. Without my mother, there would not the successful me today. Number 2, By working together and helping my mother, only I now realize how difficult and tough it is to get something done. Number 3, I have come to appreciate the importance and value of family relationship”.

The director said, “This is what I am looking for to be my manager. I want to recruit a person who can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the sufferings of others to get things done, and a person who would not put money as his only goal in life. You are hired”. Later on, this young person worked very hard, and received the respect of his subordinates. Every employee worked diligently and as a team. The company’s performance improved tremendously.

Moral: If one doesn’t understand and experience the difficulty it takes to earn the comfort provided by their loved ones, than they will never value it. The most important thing is to experience the difficulty and learn to value hard work behind all the given comfort.

Lathasv likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open.
    He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter.
    The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its color and drank it all.
    It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband.
    When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.

QUESTIONS
    :
    1. What were the five words ?

2. What is the implication of this story?
    ANSWER :
    The husband just said “I am with you Darling”
    The husband’s totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behavior.
    The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother.
    Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened.
    No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child.

What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.
    If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. “
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    Take off all your envies, jealousies,unforgiv eness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you
    think.
    MORAL OF THE STORY

Sometimes we spend time in asking who is responsible or whom to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. By this way we miss out something.

Jayasala 42

Lathasv and iyerviji like this.