1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every time , time is determined by our feelings and psychological conditions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 21, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Definition of Time
    Slow when you wait
    Fast when you are late
    Deadly when you are sad
    Short when you are happy
    Endless when you are in pain
    Long when you feel bore
    Everytime , time is determined by your feelings and your psychological conditions and not by clock
    So have a nice time always

We all must have experienced the above in our life one time or other. When children are coming home and we wait for them, time does not fly and we feel it is very slow.

When we are late the time does not wait for us , especially when we have to reach the airport or station and if we are late feel the time is going fast and whether we will be able to reach in time. I felt that when we were going to Dubai and my son came late to pick us and I was feeling the time is going fast and whether we will reach in time and whether we will be able to finish the formalities. Luckily we reached in time and could finish the formalities and boarded the train, then only I was happy.

When we are sad the time does not go only making us more sad

When the children arethere and when it is time for them to leave feel the time is very short, they should have stayed for a longer time , feel like stopping the time.

Whenever I have to go somewhere and that too where I like to go I wait for that time adn feel no hindrances should come so that we go there and enjoy. Since yesterday I was waiting anxiously, as yesterday we had to go for a Music programme and a pravachan by a 12 yr old girl about Hanuman Prabavam and today my mother's cousin who is 93 yrs old and who recently lost his wife wanted to see us as we could not go for 13th day . His daughter first asked thru whatsapp that her father was asking her why I did not come for the 13th day. Then she called me yesterday and told me she is in her sister's house with her father and to come home to see them. Since he is old and had asked for me we decided to go today only. So was waiting to go and see him.

Yesterday in was raining in the evening and we had to go to the west for the programme. I told my husband we will go by auto , I thought he will take an auto till the west but he took only upto the east station and from west we walked for the programme. Walking in the steps inthe bridge during rainy season is so difficult. Anyway we enjoyed the music and the 12 year old girl also did the pravanso nicely, saying the slogam in between and also singing bajans, she made all of us sit glue to the seat and we were in a different world. Her parents are so lucky to have a girl like her

Then today from morning I was waiting to go to my mother's cousin's house. My husband's friend also stays near there and his wife has been calling me since very long. They also stay in the West and it isfar on top of a hill. .

.....contd

3 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Since I had more to type and as I thought in case net goes or current goes then I have to type everything again I posted the above

My husband said we have to buy Kela to take to their places so for that we had to go the station. I wore a plain saree thinking anyway I will be going by auto straight to their place. But we had to go to the station then walk on the bridge, go to west buy the plantains then go.

My husband's friend's flat No. was B 401 and my mother's cousin's was B 205.
    I thought friend's is B 405 when we went ther there were only 4 flats in a floor. So we went to the next wing there also same. Then only I remembered it is 401 and not 405. We went to their house they were very happy, though had breakfast she gave idli which was very soft. My husband did not have,he had only coffee though they were forcing. We had a nice time talkingabout the husbands
    :)and how their samithi is like a family and cant be without seeing each other. My views and his friend's views the same about husbands. She was saying I forgot to tell you to come for lunch , I told her my mom's cousin has asked us to come for lunch. She was saying next time come for lunch and spend the whole day with us.

Then finally we came to cousin's house and he and his 3 daughters were very happy to see us . Cousin was having lunch as he does not have breakfast. Then my husband kept them busy with his talks about priests and his various experiences in life and the daughters were listening to him and were saying next time if we want anythign we will call you only because you have so much knowledge about everything. My mom's cousin was telling me you keep in touch , I was missing you on the 13th day. We did not know how the time passed , it was already 2 pm. They told us to have coffee and go and again we started talking about my job and my experiences etc. By the time we left it was 2.30 pm. We had nice time from morning and Sunday went very nicely, otherwise most Sundays are spending time at home only watching TV.

I was happy thought it was raining we had an enjoyable day
    '

5 people like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Definition of Time is so true Vijima... Time and Tide waits for none. There's some interesting theory about KalaBhairavar who's the keeper of time. Word Time brings all these thoughts to mind. Intersting read.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Nice post Viji Maa @iyerviji
    I want to stay permanently in some past moments but I can't. That is time,once We lost that time it doesn't come again for us.
    I want and need to hear one good news but don't know how long can I have to wait for that moment.That is value of time.

1 person likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    You have captured the essence of Time in your snippets.
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    Physical time is public time, the time that clocks are designed to measure.

Biological time, by contrast, is indicated by an organism's circadian rhythm or body clock, which is normally regulated by the pattern of sunlight and darkness.Our hunger,sleep and relievings mostly depend on biological clock.

Psychological time is different from both physical time and biological time. Psychological time is private time. It is also called phenomenological time, and it is perhaps best understood as awareness of physical time.

Psychological time ,as explained by you,passes relatively swiftly for us while we are enjoying an activity, but it slows dramatically if we are waiting anxiously for the pot of water to boil on the stove. The slowness is probably due to focusing our attention on short periods of physical time. Meanwhile, the clock by the stove is measuring physical time and is not affected by any person’s awareness or by any organism's biological time.

Time is a great research oriented topic that is being analysed and not yet resolved.If we go deep into it, it will become totally philosophical which,I hope, Viswa will be able to elaborate.
    For many years I used to think why day should consist of 24 hours and not ten hours, why only 7 days or not 6 or 5.
    I am still to find a convincing answer.
    Apart from clock times and psychological timings, the word 'time' speaks of so many things.
    Time may refer to
    an appropriate season, duration of one's life, intervel between two events,or a repeated happening of any event.

We have time-ball, time-fuse,time-bombs.
    We have time-honoured professions.
    We have timely advice.
    Every one might have heard of 'time -table'.
    We have phrases like'all in good time', at times,it is time for,to take time off,time being, time and again,.
    The word'time out of mind'is often used to denote'time immemorial'.
    Your snippet reminded me of so many things about 'time'. I may not find time to express all my thoughts by way of reply.
    It is time for kitchen duty.It is high time that I leave the page.Sorry for boring and wasting your precious time.

Jayasala 42

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2 people like this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Whatever you have written in your snippet about time is very true.

For us the year 2015 is flying fast and sometimes I don't even have time to visit IL.

If time is under our control how nice it will be. We can travel back and forth. We can revisit the times we have enjoyed most.

What at a Pity! Time and Ted wait for none.

now is our evening tiffin time and I have to leave now.

PS

1 person likes this.
  7. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

its beautiful article on time.and it is true that time flies and we wonder where??
    as you have mentioned your full sunday time..i also everytime make plan for such sundays..but being working we get up late and whole routine gets late..and our sudnay ends soon.
    but your article made me visualize that sunday can be spend beautifully and completely...thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

Time and space restrictions are determined by our own mind. Once we raise above the mind, there are no restrictions. But it is very difficult to explore that territory that is borderless. When we are in human mind and dwell in dualism, we experience time delay and time running quickly based on how the mind reacts to our experience.

I am glad you had a great weekend. Spending time with friends and families is always great.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  9. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Wow Viji Ma, that was a cute little poem about "Time". Thoroughly enjoyed your snippet. Glad you had an awesome Sunday. Life is good when we spend time with family and friends. I felt very happy to read your snippet wondering about how beautifully it occurred to you to write about time. Loved it, Viji Ma, and

@jayasala42
    , madam had added so much detail about time, that was really interesting AMMA, you didn't take away our time but made it more informative. I truly appreciate and admire all the Senior IL's for being very active, and sharing all their knowledge and wisdom to us.

Lovely post that brightened my evening, thank you Viji Ma.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou @jskls dear for the first feedback which made my day. glad you liked the post andI am glad to get your first feedback