1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every cloud has a silver lining

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Apr 15, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Are you feeling Depressed? GOOD!!! You must be thinking that this female’s gone mad.Everybody says depression is bad and i m saying just the opposite.I beg to differ here my dear ones.

The dictionary meaning of depression is “Depression is an emotional state characterised by feelings of gloom and inadequacy”,right?

I would like to put it in a different manner.Depression keeps you in an enclosure away from your friends,family,social gatherings and so on and so forth.This is the right time,the right opportunity to rejuvinate yourself.Your hidden potential,your latent talents may make their way to a new horizon.This is the time to rediscover yourself,your own self.During this period of hibernation,you may learn to change your common and old beliefs,habits,thought process and increase your endurance,widen your horizon and come back to terms with life with a great bang.
    So are you ready to take a big leap with depression? pl keep me updated with comments.
    If you like my thoughts tell others,if not tell me!
    regs:)

1 person likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu

Good to know your explanation for depression. Let me try out and come back.

love
    viji

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anu
    Your menaing of depression is just superb, why sit gloomy and sad you can discover yourself when you are depressed.:thumbsup

4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks viji ji and Aruna ji.regs-Anu

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Anu,
    True, instead of sitting still, you can rediscover yourself. Instead, Your first line of defense ought to be your family and your friends. Share with loved ones the problems that you are facing, and the effect that they are having on you. With enough work and effort, you can change habitual thoughts and feelings.
    But the perosn should be willing to change her perspective and outlook on life, and come to grips with the fact that it is within her capacity to do so. One's outlook on life, after all, is not predetermined or preprogrammed, but rather is crafted by our energy levels and our confidence in ourselves.

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Its a good idea to put "hibernation" / solitude to good use, provided we are able to think straight and in correct perspective when we are gloomy and depressed !:)

7. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Good use of depression. when i read your post, I recollected that when I am sad or depressed,I finish maximum of my household work. Seriously !!!

8. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Simply Superb. This is quite a positive thinking in that state of mind. If I am depressed again I ll try to use that state for rediscovering and rejuvenating myself.
    Well said...
    Hats off to the thread starter.

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thnx to all those who have liked my post.regs-anu

10. itsgaya3

itsgaya3 Silver IL'ite

Wow.. that was a wonderful thought. Henceforth, I think we should be glad to get depressed, so that we can start self analysis..

Gaya3