Events in Delhi - What is happening around you?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by SoniaVerma, Mar 20, 2009.

1. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Friends,
    Today I will be attending a symphony of Chinese Buddhist music by musicians from China, at Purana Qila (Old Fort) on Mathura Road. The programme will start at 7-30 pm and it will be presented by ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations).
    The invitation cards are available at ICCR, Azad Bhavan, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi – 110002. You can confirm availability by calling at: 23379386 between 10 am to 1 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm.

This programme is being presented by Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China, Embassy of the People’s Republuc of China and ICCR.

2. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

I look forward to a beautiful evening of Kathak. Swati Sinha and others will perform at the Shri Ram Centre from 6-45 pm today, i.e. April 21.:)
    The SRCPA (Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts) is located at 4, Safdar Hashmi Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi – 110001.
    The performance has been conceptualised and choreographed by Swati Sinha. Apart from her, the other performers will be Amit Khinchi, Deodutt Persaud, Neelakshi Khandekar, Dhirendra Tewari and Vidyagauri Adkar.
    The presentation is titled “Anvarat”. It is an effort to give form to the five stages of the cosmic cycle, namely creation, sustenance, dissolution, the covering of the Great Illusion and initiation.

3. MamtaAgr

MamtaAgr New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am so excited to find this thread. This lets us know of so many events!!!

Love to all

Mamta.
    :)

4. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

I finally watched The Japanese Wife on Saturday. I loved the movie. It is one of the most beautifully made Indian movies I have ever seen – Just what we expect from the great director Aparna Sen—and much more!!!:)

The story has a simple and beautiful message to convey – specialy in today’s age of marital complexities. A relationship, love, life and marriage can be as simple, as pure and as basic as we can keep it – we bring in unnecessary complications into things that can be beautiful when they are simple.

Rahul Bose has done a brilliant job in the role of Snehamoy.

5. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

I am going to see “A Touch of Spice” at Epicentre, Gurgaon, this evening. This is a Greek film which will start at 7.30 pm. This is a contemporary movie about a Greek family that was uprooted from Constantinople back to Athens. The Grandfather who is a culinary philosopher and spice merchant refuses to go and adds a touch of spice to many lives. The film is directed by Tassos Boulmetis.

The film was made in 2009. It has a duration of 108 minutes.

The venue today will be Epicentre, Apparel House, Sector 44, opposite Power Grid Residential Complex, Gurgaon.

6. MamtaAgr

MamtaAgr New IL'ite

I would be free most of this week.. can anyone lemme know of some programs that i may attend??

7. Mani23

Mani23 New IL'ite

Welcome to IL..Mamta. YOu are lucky that you are free..not like Me :bonk
    Enjoy !!

8. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Mamta,

I too am feeling envious of you. I am longing for a break in which I will be able to do whatever I wish to.

Do you like Ghazals? You can go to the Ghazal programme tomorrow evening at Epicentre, Gurgaon. The ghazals will be sung by Bharati Vishwanathan.

The venue details: Epicentre, Apparel House, Sector 44, Opposite Power Grid Residential Complex, Gurgaon.
    The programme will start at 7-30 pm tomorrow, i.e. May 5, 2010.

Bharati Vishwanathan is a disciple of Ustaad Abdul Laif Khan.

I plan to attend the programme tomorrow, but I am not very sure whether or not I will have the evening free.

9. MamtaAgr

MamtaAgr New IL'ite

Madhu, I love Ghazals. Thanks for the info.

10. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

For all the music lovers there is Live Jazz every friday all day at The Living Cafe (TLR) .... if you dont know the location its at 31 haus khas village.... njoy!!!