Events in Delhi - What is happening around you?

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by SoniaVerma, Mar 20, 2009.

1. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

Hi..

Both RCB and Mumbai Indians have a good chance of winning :)

2. Mani23

Mani23 New IL'ite

have you tried watching IPL in theater ?

3. anandisingh

Big Cinemas will release the documentary film “Leaving Home: The Life and Music of Indian Ocean” on April 2, 2010.
    Indian Ocean is a band which has enjoyed worldwide popularity and earned thousands of fans since the last nineteen years. The film, as of now, will be released in multiplexes across six cities.
    The film revolves round four men who came together to make soul stirring music. The film will have a duration of 115 minutes.

Indian Ocean plays an interesting mix of instruments like acoustic and bass guitars and tabla.
    The band has launched only 30 songs over the past nineteen years, all of which have struck the right cord in the hearts of music lovers.

:)

4. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Indian Ocean generally mixes soothing Indian Classical music with the power of rock. The movie showcases their journey on three different platforms, starting from the lively ambience of stage shows, to the casual performances and the rage unleashed in the rehearsal room.

The documentary is directed by Jaideep Verma under the banner Cartwheel Features. This is his first non-fiction venture. The movie has been shot completely in HDV and will only be released in digital cinemas with 5.1 surround sound.
    This movie is nothing but a testament to the supporters of Indian Ocean who have been with the band on their incredible journey.
    :wave

5. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

India Habitat Centre (IHC) is hosting a group exhibition of paintings, titled “Ushudhha” which means “Eternal Bliss”. The exhibition is taking place at the Convention Foyer and today is the closing day. It opens at 10 am and closes at 8 pm.
    The entry to the exhibition is free. The exact address of the venue is Convention Foyer, IHC, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.
    The exhibition has paintings by Rashmi Nanda, Sophia Jacob, Shaloo Munjal and Prerna Kapoor. It has started from March 29.

I plan to pay a visit today.

Lalit Kala Academy is also hosting an exhibition titled “Dimensions”.

6. anandisingh

Today is the last show of “1084 ki Maa” that is being staged at Abhimanch, National School of Drama, from March 31, 2010. It is being presented by the Second Year Students of the National School of Drama. Today’s show starts at 6-30 pm.

Entry cards are available from the NSD Reception at Bahwalpur House, 1 Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi – 110001, between 11 am to 1 pm amd 2 pm to 4 pm. You can also get hold of tickets, just an hour before the show.

The writer of this play, as we all know, is Mahashweta Devi. The performance concept has come from Santanu Bose.

7. amritasharma

Are any of you the member of the Habitat Film Club? If you are, you can go for the “Ocean of An Old Man”. This film is in Hindi and it stars Tom Alter. It is based on the 2004 Tsunami. It will be shown on April 8, 2010, at 7 Pm. The venue will be Habitat World, India Habitat Centre (iHC), Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.

The film is an onscreen presentation of the physical and emotional devastation caused by the 2004 Tsunami. The film has been shot on location at the Andaman Islands.

I feel privileged that I will be able to catch the show tomorrow.

8. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Amrita,

I am indeed feeling jealous of you. I have read about this film. It narrates the story of the oceanic concern of an archetypal school teacher for his young pupils who attend the school every day, from the nearby islands. One day, the ocean unleashes its rage on these islands in the form of a tsunami. The school reopens after a few months. Five of the students are absent. The teacher sets out in search of the missing children. Strange experiences and emotions await him in those cursed islands.

The film was made by Rajesh Shera in 2008. It is being presented in collaboration with the Enlighten Film Society.

9. amritasharma

Friends,

I am waiting eagerly for the release of “The Japanese Wife” on April 9, 2010. I think many of you are!!
    This is a Bengali film which will have English sub-titles, the director being Ms Aparna Sen. I love her works. I was mesmerized by Mr and Mrs Iyer and 15 Park Avenue. I watched her 36, Chorwinghee Lane on DVD and loved it!!

The Japanese Wife is being released at the Multiplexes. The actors are Moushumi Chatterjee, Rahul Bose, Raima Sen, Rudranil Ghosh and Chigusa Takaku.

The film is based on a story written by Kunal Bose. Ms Aparna Sen has done the screenplay adaptation.

10. anandisingh

Dear Friends,

Do not miss “Eggxotica”!! This is the first ever solo egg art exhibition in India and it will be open till tomorrow, i.e. April 15, 2010, Thursday.

This unique exhibition by Farha Sayeed is being held at the Visual Arts Gallery, IHC (India Habitat Centre), Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003. The exhibition remains open for viewers from 10 am to 8 pm.

The exhibition features carved, ornamented and decorated Egg Shells of Hen, Turkey, Duck, Goose, Emu and Ostrich!

Eggxotica was opened by Dr Shashi Tharoor, the Hon’ble Minister of State for External Affairs on April 12, Monday.