Evening Snacks Ideas For A Pregnant Woman

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Am In 22weeks of pregnancy,and due to GTT test values my doc suggested to stop all fruits in take,now am feeling hungry in the evening and don't know what to take as snacks,bcoz even channa or brown bread als causing gastric problem,plz suggest me some snacks ideas which I can take ,due to not having any thing am afraid my baby will be hungry not getting enough protein, even when I asked the same question to my gynic he didn't suggest anything, rather than splitting my meals , give me some suggestions , thanks

2. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

You can eat puffed rice snack called churmuri or masala mandakki. I had it everyday during my pregnancy and my now 19 month old DD loves it as she had tasted it in my womb :p. I used to add slices of onion,tomato,cucumber,grated carrot, coriander,grated coconut,little chilli powder, salt , dash of lime, handful of roasted peanuts to puffed rice and have it.

Ramyarc and Janakinarne like this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ya ,will try, good idea, even my baby used to kick when I had any snacks/junk food like popcorn,will try tomorrow,thanks for sharing,and one more will u stir the onions on flame or raw will be tasty,

4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Eat variety of vegetables. Roasted, steamed with dips or chutneys

Most of chutneys without lemon or tamarind, shd be good for cravings and taste. Try to eat steamed, roasted stuff with those chutneys or dips

Nuts are good for low glycemic snack.

You eat nuts soaked in water, fried with favorite seasoning etc

Lots of gobi with little besan cab fried for pakora.

Above foods are high fat low carb, not grt lifelong but okay for during preg

If you still feel hungry, then ask the doctor for medicine merformin or insulin. Later you start medicine, the better because till 40 weeks, Dr might have to increase dosage. Ask the Doctor about how hungry u are feeling and when and how you can start medicine.

Do you eat non veg? Don’t think that chicken/ mutton/ egg curry are only for lunch or dinner, a small plate is a snack, as well.

SinghManisha likes this.
  5. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

I used to have onions raw, everything in that was raw except peanuts which was roasted,cut everything into small pieces,carrot and coconut grated. But if you think you can't have onions raw then you can skip onions all together and just mix other ingredients.

Janakinarne likes this.
  6. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Phool makhana roasted in ghee (just 1tsp) with some salt and chilli powder os good snack.

Murmura / rice puff roasted add turmeric chilli powder salt n u can eat it direct or else add raw tomato onions n sprinkle sev n eat like dry bhel puri snack.

Avlakki/poha/cornflakes mixture is healthy too provided made at home with less salt n oil.

Salt n sugar shud be reduced in pregnancy.

Other options are multi millet laddoos if you have sweet tooth. It contains neither jaggery nor sugar. You can make it with multimillet flour, dates and some nuts. Jus coarsely powder n add lil ghee to bind them to shape it as laddoos.

Other options - cut fruit salad sprinked with lil chat masala... Or sundal or dry fuits like walnut, dried apricots.

Make sure u do t consume too much of dry fruits. It should be just a handful.

Enjoy your pregnancy. Stay healthy.

Pls bless me that I can also have the blessing to be a mother soon.

Vaikuntha and Janakinarne like this.
  7. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all these ideas,will try ,
    Only thing is I totally avoided fruits ,doc said if i want to go with fruits I must take insulin to control my sugar values,I don't want to go with that,so stopped all types of fruits,
    And als no sugar/jagerry , actually I like Millet ladooo but due to this has stopped,
    Really ur ideas will fill my tummy,
    Ofcource will pray for you als,soon u will be blessed with a baby ,
    Don't stress your self ,I too waited for long 10yrs and now am in 22weeks,time has to come,it's just a miracle, God will give you a chubby chubby cute babies,
    Wish you all the best,take care,,soon you will share your happy moment with us...

PurpleRoses likes this.
  8. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Thanks for quick rlpy,I just asked my hubby tto bring all these,to ttry in the evening,

9. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Thanks for the wishes.
    I would advice you to go with your doc and take insulin and eat fruits.
    Fruits provide nutrition for both mother and baby.
    Insulin is very safe in pregnancy.
    Bit dont ever take metformin tablet in pregnancy. Doctor's strictly advice it not to take.

You are depriving yourself n your baby without healthy nutrition by avoiding fruits.

Fruits like pomegranate and green apple and kiwi etc have less sugars and are very healthy for you and baby.
    Please consult your doc and take insulin and monitor your grbs (buy glucometer).

Eat healthy. Dont avoid fruits totally.

And the millet laddoo i told is without jaggery or sugar. Just use crushed dates. Dates are good. Rich in iron.

Janakinarne likes this.
  10. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Once the bld values cam to normal will start slowly to take promogranate,,and orange, trying to maintain surger levels naturally rather than with medicine, even my doc said its safe to take insulin,I want to try at least two weeks if not came to normal will visit the doc again, thanks for supporting,
    But I heard dates will cause to smoothen the uterus which can take after 34 weeks of pregnancy which helps to normal delivery,
    You will be in my prayers too, take care