Evening Primrose oil

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ferujoy, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ferujoy

ferujoy Silver IL'ite

Any friends here used evening primrose oil capsules for ovulation,or irregular periods,(TTC)

any experiences or side effects by using this evening primrose oil
    please reply....

2. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Not sure for irregular periods or ovulation.. but effective for thyroid related problem...

3. ferujoy

ferujoy Silver IL'ite

Hi friends, see this below attached link they given some usefull information about this evening primrose oil capsules..

Thanks for ur reply....
    but...
    I have seen in many of the blogs that Evening primrose oil capsules are used to treat anovulation in pcos conditions....
    any one used it please share ur experiences....
    waiting for ur replies....

http://www.livestrong.com/article/296422-herbs-to-help-women-with-pcos-get-pregnant/

4. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

I used EPO primarily for eczema. While I was TTC, I used it only during the time of period and up until ovulation. It is known to help with PMS symptoms as well. But, make sure you don't take it after ovulation as it is known to cause uterine contractions, which is harmful if you are pregnant. (of course, if you are tracking your BBT, CM, or using an OPK, you can be fairly certain of when you ovulate and can take EPO accordingly.

5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I too used EPO for quite a long period to increase the quality and quantity of cervical mucus and to balance the hormone. I used to take it till the day of ovulation and start flaxseed oil the day after ovulation till the day the period used to start. I didn't get any side effects but have heard people getting some side effects like headache and all that. good luck.

6. McBuffington

McBuffington New IL'ite

Err....where do I begin?! Well, after my second child, my periods became irregular. I would start out with the normal PMS symptoms (Bloating and irritability), then I would spot for 4-5 days, then my period would actually come on for three days, stop for a day and then finish out the rest of my cycle. Needless to say, my husband and I were not pleased. First, my gyn gave me birth control. Here's a little background on me and birth control: NO-NO! I retain water, bloat and swell, I was constantly nauseous and worst of all, my moods were horrific! Although my periods were nice, the rest of the month was horrible. Finally, my husband said "Babe, we're just gonna have to believe God for your healing." Immediately, I stopped taking the birth control and looked for more of a natural route. That's when I started using Evening Primrose Oil. I take 2,000 mg per day and so far I still somewhat bloat, It caused my breasts to become extremely sensitive but, I am bleeding like crazy. It seems as if I may get all of my bleeding out of the way in one bout, which I am happy about. I still spotted for about 5 days before my period fully came on, but I'm going to keep taking it to see what next month looks like.

7. emerald44

emerald44 Bronze IL'ite

yes EPO along with Royal jelly and ginseng can be taken to help with ur ovulation till the day u ovulate, then stop