1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Evening out skin

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Indian_Rani, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

My back, arms have blotchinesss and uneven skin tone. My hips have stretchmarks. I would love to even out these areas. As for my back, its pretty bad and i am embarassed to wear low back dresses and saree blouses.

I tried tomato and lemon and my skin broke out in rashes. I must be allergic to tomatoes. Are there other homemade remedies that actually work?

I am reluctant and feel guilty to try skin lightening/brightening products. I don't want to be a lot fairer. I want to keep my same color but make it better. I refuse to try fair and lovely because i heard bad things about the product itself & boycotting after i saw their demeaning commercials.

I heard of Godiva skincare line, papaya-based products, Fair and Flawless and Diana Stadler. Anyone tried them?

2. Skiyer

Skiyer New IL'ite

Hi Rani,

I wonder if you are still looking for a whitening product? I have been looking for a while; especially underarm brightening products, when I came across Godiva. But the positive reviews of Godiva I have seen so far don't seem credible to me somehow (they seem more like someone paid the blogger to write about their products).

Has anyone on IL tried their whitening/brightening product line? Would love to hear honest reviews please.

Thanks
    Skiyer

3. Melveena

Melveena New IL'ite

Hi Rani,

You must try out the even out face cream from oriflame. the stretch mark cream is also good. in fact all the products from oriflame are marvellous.

4. aaishahussain

aaishahussain New IL'ite

hi rani,
    i would suggest that u apply olive oil or aloe vera gel which ever suits u to the affected areas. it really works wonders if u have the patience and committement. if u are using olive oil apply the oil and get it massaged if possible. try not using bleach on these areas for few months. this will even ur blotchiness

have u tested urself for any vitamin and calcium deficiency, do u also suffer from hairfall?.. probably u also need some multivitamin supplements. U might need to start taking lot of vitamins, proteins and calcium in ur diet.. u will see the change happening and this time its not going to be any whitening creams...its going to be from within, it really brightens the complexion. trust me its out of my personal experience.

5. aaishahussain

aaishahussain New IL'ite

hi melveena
    are you are an oriflame consultant from duabi?... do we get oriflame products here in UAE?

6. deana

deana New IL'ite

I've tried godiva products for acne scars etc. It didn't do anything for/to me! Don't waste your money. I have been doing exfoliation of my acne scars along with msm soap and it is the only thing that worked for me.

For good lightening products - on the expensive side you can try obagi skin care products. It is very expensive though! It contains 4% Hydro so caution needs to be taken when using this product. You can use up to 6 months or so and then give it a break. A good sunblock is a must.

7. Melveena

Melveena New IL'ite

Hi Aaisha,
    I am based in Hyderabad and have a global network including Dubai. I can assist you in providing products or help you join as a member. Are you a member already? I see you have a lot of friends who use oriflame.

8. aaishahussain

aaishahussain New IL'ite

hi melveena...
    thank you so much dear.. i really know lot of people who use oriflame. infact when i came here 2 years back, one of the things i was eager to know is whether we get oriflame products here. i am not enrolled as a member though.
    it would be great if oriflame products can be made available in UAE. i am currently put up in abu dhbai.

9. Melveena

Melveena New IL'ite

Hello Aaisha,
    Ahlan Wa Sahlan.....Yes, Oriflame is now available in UAE.