1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eve-Teasing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by navyanaveli, Oct 6, 2009.

1. navyanaveli

navyanaveli New IL'ite

Many of us have experienced inapparopriate behaviour by men towards women.At public places in ,school or collage,in the way everywhere we have to face situations wich are sometimes very embarrassing.It is always embarrassing for the victim. It is an emotional form of rape where someone messes with you brain. You hear things you don’t want to hear – especially from a creep who has no right to judge you.the story is
    same every day for women who step into streets.

Eve teasing is a word of Asian origin used mostly in India ,Pakistan. Why is it so? Is molesting of women not happening in other countries? It happens everywhere….but a quick survey among frequent travelers to other countries confirms that `eve-teasing’ in its form of hooting, commenting-whistling, etc., does tend to be more prevalent in India.Eve-teasing also portrays a bad image of the country among tourists.How shameful it is .

People always take this issue very lightly and i amused how can anybody take this issue lightly ..Imagine the kind frustration and a trauma that a girl undergoes each day.The offensive remarks of an eve teaser can leave a permanent psychological mark on a woman.It could be a fun for u guys but sometimes it costs a girls life .

I have never been bold enough to slap a guy or confront him for giving a detailed description of the structure of my body. ‘Look away and ignore’ is what I was taught as a young girl. My friend told me that - "Don’t waste your time asking them to treat you like their mothers or sisters. just teach them a lesson ,this is the time that we have to leave "look and ignore" policy".but i m not totally agree with her it is not possible for every girl that they fight with these jerks .I read a story in newspaper that a girl slaped a person who pass some remarks on her after that they come at her place and killed her father and almost destroy her family .so how can we dare to do so?.

I don't kno what is the solution only want to say..
    " Plz grow up India, for goodness sake.":bowdown

( This is my first blog and first time I wrote anything in English so may be there are a lot of errors plz let me know about them so i would be able to write gud blogs
    :thankyou2: )

Similar Threads
    1. Sunny3
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Good blog dear, and this is a subject which has been here for ages and only god can say till how many more years/or it can even be tillcenturies.Eve teasing is something which is to be done with and should be dealt with in a very effective manner. But I think the best option is every single male should take that pledge not to tease anyone, and this might not be possible as easy as it is said. Last month a girl committed suicide since she was eve teased daily by a group of guys and her father paid no attention to it, irrespective of her repeated complaints. In this age of acid attacks and other forms of attacks we can’t blame if some girls remain to be silent and try to ignore it. While I was in school and used to travel in bus I was attacked a lot in this way, that too in a state where literacy rate is 100%!! Isn’t it ironic how sometimes even a well educated man behaves- the man here refers to both men and women. Being a lady I mostly opt to avoid the situation by giving the guy a killing look, because most of the times the victim is also put to embarrassment.

3. navyanaveli

navyanaveli New IL'ite

thanx for ur comment ami ..

4. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Navya,

Crime against girls and women has become a common issue in big cities and now even in small villages also.
    What you have mentioned about the eve teasing may be a less serious issue, but there are so many vavas and munnis getting trapped in more serious troubles even inside house and outside also. Who is there to take care of them?
    I am talking from my own experiences where I have a past history of traveling throughout India especially south India.
    An individual can’t do many things but at least we can convince those around us and to do what is possible if it comes in front of us.

Ayyan

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Navya,

Wonderful blog..on a hot topic. All ladies will agree with you in this.

In this I would like to add here... that men above 40 are more dangerous than their younger counter parts. They get away with all the teasings. It is high time men learn to behave and treat girl/women with respect. Here I agree with Ami, they have to take a pledge...nobody can force them.

6. kannankannan77

kannankannan77 New IL'ite

Hey i totally agree to your post...We have seen a whole lot of these cases in here.....Men are stupid in this.....But wait a sec i seriously think there are ladies who do this to men..I know not much will support but you cant say its not there...Not like ladies raping men but they molest young boys...Noone can say it hasnt happened to be really frank it has happened to me...When i was a kid and that too from a close relative.....It hurts me even now too....But wat you said is right...Men should grow more wise...

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navya,

congrats on your first blog dear. beautifully written. i agree that crimes against women is high in big cities and even in smaller villages. though women have become a lot bolder in the past few decades the crime rates havn't gone down. mutual respect of each other (men/women) would be a solution, but for this the whole society has to change.... we can do our small part by being aware and educated and teaching children to respect the opposite sex.

8. navyanaveli

navyanaveli New IL'ite

thanx Akila ,Kannan,Lalitha and Ayyan..thanx for reading my blog and giving ur valuable comments...Kannan wat u said is right girls also do this and that is bad ..but it is rare ..Lalitha ur also right that men above 40 are more dengerous because no one easily suspected on them .....
    I don't want to say that all men are bad but 70-80% are like that ..if they got chance to tease a girl they do this ...
    thanx again to all of u ...

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Navya,

Though this is your first attempt you have put the message very clearly. way to go dear.

Today, I was watching a program on gender discourse in DD lok sabha which discusses lot of problems..and guess what the topic was eve teasing.

and the discussion was enlightening. it made a point clear, as long as you suffer and are willing to suffer, the victim is going to be inflicted. many a time, the victim does not go to complain. if the family understands the victim (instead of going with the common mindsetup that the girl was at fault by way of her dressing, moving sense) and they complain, they do not want to get into litigations and they want anonymity too.

Men should definitely become better humane. I remember reading a life story of a girl, who was humiliated by boys in the name of eve-teasing and when they girl did not budge, they threw acid, this is about 25 years old, when i was a school goer.

For my part, I have slapped a person in the middle of a busiest street, of a city and got away with it, when i started working, but i culitvated the strength in me to face it (when in college and hostel, had seen perverts too)

I hope my DD fares it better.

I pray the world becomes a better place.

10. kannankannan77

kannankannan77 New IL'ite

Maybe the government should come up with strict laws....But in our country no laws are strict....You noticed something these things happen only in india