Eve Teasing in Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by Sonya4mdelhi, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Muktachabda

Muktachabda Senior IL'ite

Instead of banning jeans on college campuses why not train girls in martial arts and empower them to check eve-teasing, suggested a student Thursday as the decision by four women colleges in this Uttar Pradesh district prohibiting western outfits drew strong criticism.

To keep the menace of eve-teasing at bay, the Acharya Narendra Deo College, Dayanand Girls Degree College, Sen Balika College and Johari Devi Degree College in Kanpur have banned students from wearing jeans, tight tops, sleeveless blouses and tight-fitting clothes on the campus

2. CynthiaG

CynthiaG New IL'ite

I thought this ban was over ruled by the High court. Is it still there? Well, I think this was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Ban girls from wearing jeans and skirts to curtail eve teasing:drowning

Its like people kill their baby girls, to escape from giving dowry in their wedding. Instead of abolishing the problem, abolish the victim. Wow.. Very intelligent!!

3. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

Yes, the ban was lifted by the court. But what does it matter? The govt. has shown its true colors already by banning the jeans and skirts in the first place. Once again, girls were made the culprit instead of victims. What were they trying to say? That girls wearing jeans is the reason behind eve teasing? Such perverted minds call themselves our leaders.