Europe In Summer

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nuss, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No inputs.. but I am turning a pale early-spring green with envy : )
    Family in Tallin, Verona, Grenoble...and own family willing to travel 35 days... Nice.

The pandemic has made us all in my family even more set in our ways ... I doubt we could handle long travels together. : ) A decision of train, car or bus between two countries doesn't even take off.. we end up with a debate on why two countries, just do one in depth. Any suggestion of only two people make a side trip to a city they care about is shot down. Long story short: now my FB feed keeps showing women only hiking, walking and bicycling tours of Europe. The bicycling ones are really tempting. The entire itinerary and bus travel, bike rental is taken care of.

Oh didn't know you were in Napa! I happen to be researching the Napa area for my college reunion. My main task is to find lesser known waterfalls within 1-2 hours of Napa. So far, I have Zim Zim Falls and Alamere Falls.

It was very nice to read the thread, got many ideas for Europe.

nuss likes this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana - when kids are 9 and 7, they want to be with parents. Not independent enough yet. This is a long due(cancelled twice) trip that will hopefully happen this time around.

It’s extended family from both sides- perks of coming from a big family . My nephew’s wife is from Tallin. They are in Australia but visiting Tallin at the same time and we are planning to meet there (will be seeing my grand niece for the first time…pandemic baby!). My husband’s cousin is in Verona. She went to Italy for international business and never left . We visited her in Verona on our work trip to the University of Padua. Padua is a really cute city too. Since Padua is so close to Verona, we had to stopover and then Venice pilgrimage was of course a must (for me not for my husband ). I had a very romantic notion of Venice- the song “do lafzon ki hai dil ki kahani….”, one of my favorites, in a Gandola in Venice…. Oh I just couldn’t wait to visit and then it was just meh…

My cousin in Grenoble was the first one to go abroad to join her husband. I haven’t visited her…she is much older than me, more of my sister’s age. So, I never thought of visiting myself but it will be fun visiting with my sisters.

Zim zim is quite remote. It’s a moderate hike (challenging for not very active people). Don’t know about Alamere falls.

Rihana likes this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I know I am late... But if you like, why not spend a couple of days either in Greece or Turkey. Both will take you to another world, a different Europe experience!
    If not now, think about it for the next time.

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thanks, @SGBV! Yes, Greece and Turkey will be 2023 summer. That plan is already set.