1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Establishing eternal peace

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Finest Blog Winner - Fourth Weekly Pick of February 2012

[JUSTIFY]Of all material things we seek in life, one thing that is extremely precious and we all seek throughout our life is how to achieve peace. Every experience that we have in life in a way provides happiness and sufferings alternatively. Most of the situations around us, we do not have any control over and even if we make a sincere effort to control the setting, it would be extremely difficult. Therefore, only way we could accomplish permanent peace is to control our reaction and response to such situations. Any effort we make to control the world would only result in further disappointment and lack of peace.

Primarily, it is our self-confidence that drives us each day. Generally, self-confidence is perceived as our belief to accomplish many things if we apply our mind to it and make a sincere effort to do it. As a matter of fact, self-confidence truly is a belief that we have a source inside us that would drive us to do the right thing. This self-confidence would lead us to self-sacrifice which will lead us to self-satisfaction in everything we do. All of the above three are important steps in self-realization.

The source inside of us is just having series of experiences every day. It is the mind that connects all these dots and makes a line and believes that it is life consisting of pain and pleasure. The one who experiences things in life is unattached and is a mere observer. It is the body and mind that carries out the actions. The mind is full of emotions and constantly interprets things that happen in our life. It is our intellect that has the discrimination power to analyze the right from wrong that stay closer to the spirit inside of us. More we use that discrimination power, the better we feel in our thoughts, words and actions.

The most important step in establishing peace is to clean up our thoughts on a regular basis, retain the ones that are noble and eliminate the ones that are bad. The cleansing the mind really helps us to go one step towards peace. The words we say and the actions we do should perfectly synchronize with our thoughts. There should never be a conflict between our thoughts, words and deeds.

The next step is to saturate our body and mind with love. If every thought, word and action is filled with love, it nourishes our body and mind and keeps them closer to our higher consciousness. Love is like a light and it removes all bad qualities like anger, jealousy, greed, fear, etc. When we express love to fellow beings, we are filling ourselves with love and communicate from our higher consciousness to another fellow being’s higher consciousness. Hence, we are filling the fellow beings also with love.

The third step is to firmly establish truth and righteousness in our heart. Once, we know our actions are driven by truth and righteousness, we have nothing to fear for in our life. It establishes our mind in absolute peace. It involves constant use of our intellect and discrimination power to decide the right action.

The last step is to avoid any accidental verbal or physical harm to the fellow beings. Anything we say or do to hurt other fellow beings, in fact, hurt our mind and heart the most as it is our reaction that caused us to say or do things. By saying or doing things that are mean, it feeds more fuel to the fire inside of us. It is the forgiveness that applies ointment to remove the burns inside of us.

Peace is not something we obtain from outside. It is only through our own effort and a series of disciplines, we could establish peace inside of us.[/JUSTIFY]

2. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,
    Good thoughts!I enjoyed the intelligent way,in which a difficult idea has been explained by a nice Blog!( Establishng eternal peace)!

3. Viswamitra

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you read everyone of my blogs. Thank you for encouraging me.

Viswa

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Lovely one Sir , Though it is difficult,i wish i could achieve it sometime :)

5. Viswamitra

Even finding that peace is something we should look inside is difficult. But we need to get to that place somehow. Searching for peace outside is like losing the key in a dark place and searching it near the light.

Viswa

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I want to :clap:clap:clap for this post Viswamitra sir.

You have summarised all the required points into one post. Great work sir..

I agree, Almost all the humn beings strive to attain peace.. and its game of our mind & heart filled with emotions & reactions to the happenings with us...

7. Viswamitra

Thank you for your wonderful feedback Pallavi. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed reading it. Thank you for your encouragement for this type of blogs.

Viswa

8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Many congratulations Viswamitra, for writing this wonderful piece and rightfully getting the "Best Blog" award. -rgs

9. Viswamitra

RGS,

Thank you very much for your kind message. I am always humbled by the support I get from fellow bloggers as well as from IL members.

Viswa

10. Viswamitra

Thank you for your kind feedback and encouragement.

Viswa