epidural - painless labor - suggestions pls

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by twobabies, Aug 11, 2012.

1. twobabies

twobabies Senior IL'ite

hi

i want to make my question short. i am at the end of 8th month pregnancy, this is my second child, first lil is 1 year. yesterday i went for my checkup, i found out there is a painless method of labor where they will inject epidural for it at the time of delivery but it is little costly. i want to know whether it is safe and anyone went through it. my first one is normal delivery but i went through hell of pain for 5 hours before the child with a 24 hours of labor. just want your opinion.

and also my first one is girl and hope second one to be a boy. i have totally different symptoms from my first preg. my lil gave me lot of trouble but this one is very nice inside. another question does this difference from 1st to second would do anything with the gender difference?

:bonksorry i end up with lengthy quesion

2. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

epidural is safe and you can try it but wait for you labor to proceed until 5 cm dilation .

3. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear OP,

dont know how many women go for epidural here in India. My gynaec didnt even mention it so I had to go through long labour for both my deliveries. However, during the second time, the pain was not as intense.

My symptoms were different for both the pregnancies - my first one is a girl and the second one is a boy.

All the best to you and take care.....
    love
    Kylie

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Read this discussion
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/labour-and-post-natal-care/80485-pain-less-deliveries.html.

First Vs Second ...Gender difference-I don't think so.Every pregnancy is different.

My first elder sis had two deliveries(boys),both extremely in a different way.
    its my second elder sis(two girls) suffered a lot in her second(nausea till the 9th month) who moved with a ease for her first delivery..not even morning sickness.
    I'm blessed with one boy child,,not had a thought of second as in our MIL's family(including her two younger sis..) theres no chance of getting baby girls...all my BIL(8..inclusive MIL's sis sons)) having boys only.))))))???!!!!!)))))))
    So the gender purely based on Genetics.

Go happy with the motherhood if its boy or girl.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  5. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Its safe to have epidural and is quite common now-a-days.

People say that your second pregnancy may not be as painful as the first one. But, I've also heard that it is not true in certain cases.

And coming to the point of gender, each and every pregnancy is unique. With the difference you feel in carrying, you cannot predict the baby's gender. Don't think over it too much. Be happy whether its boy or girl.

Wishes for a safe delivery...

1 person likes this.
  6. danielgury

danielgury New IL'ite

Oh yes I know exactly what you are going through. I went through it myself also.
    And then something amazing showed up for my to make my labour the most painless labour ever.

It's called Laboraide.

It is a natural way to reduce pain during labour with epidurals or other drugs.
    I hate needles!!!! and this helped me so much!

1 person likes this.
  7. Vaishu18

Vaishu18 New IL'ite

Hi,

I want to know more about this Laboraide..

I am due in 15 days.

Please help.