Epidural coverage - Aetna Choice POS II

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by keerthi88, Oct 23, 2015.

1. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I am seven months along my pregnancy now and i have decided to opt for epidural during my labor.

I have Aetna Choice POS II for insurance from my husband's employer. Has any of you used the same insurance for epidural coverage? Could anyone please explain what benefits and coverage are available for this plan?

I understand that it is the best to pick up the phone and talk to the insurance people, but i would like to hear from our friends on what to expect. so i can have a clear picture while i talk to these insurance guys.

PLease help!!

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are you in the US?
    You will have to call the insurance company to verify your benefits. Each employer will have a different contract with the insurance company, which often means different levels of service are covered.
    In other words, my Aetna coverage will likely be different from yours if we work for different companies, even if our plans both say Aetna Choice POS II.
    Do not rely on what you hear from the internet or others unless they have the same plan under the same employer.