1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

entrapped in violent marriage, away from parents

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by rabdi, Oct 11, 2012.

1. rabdi

rabdi New IL'ite

I am 37 years old and a domestic violence victim. My parents, siblings, all are away from me. So no immediate help is there whenever he beats me, nobody to protect me or to stop him. It's nearly 9 years since I married and have a son. My husband believes that all women are subject to ownership and should be beaten up regularly to keep them under control.

He doesn't earn, doesn't contribute anything in household expenses. I am working and bear all the expenses. If I refuse to give him money....I should be prepared to be beaten up

Can somebody please give me some information on divorce laws and how should I go about for getting rid of this ongoing nonsense in my life? I desperately want to get rid of this situaion, but have been trying to adjust because of the kid. But now I think for the betterment of my kid only, I need to have a sound mental health. Somebody please help!

2. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

better get divorce asap... better for your life to be without your DH. Consult a good lawyer and file for divorce...

3. sandhyapal

sandhyapal Bronze IL'ite

you better go for women protection cell near your place.
    it woud be better. for the sake of kids only you have to take action.
    so get information about the cell immediately.
    or there are many women welfare associations.
    try to contact them.

4. Sarah61212

Sarah61212 Silver IL'ite

You are working so financially independent and there is no need to bear all his crap. Domestic violence abusers never change no matter how long you wait ....
    If your son sees his father beating a woman, he will think its ok to do like that and tomorrow he will repeat the same to his wife so Plz keep him far away from that toxic environment ... Growing like this, he will not learn to respect woman so you are not doing any better for him by living with an abusive husband for sake of your child ...
    Don't worry about the society and Plz share your details with your parents and siblings so that they will support you and guide you through this divorce process...

3 people like this.
  5. AlizaPezer

AlizaPezer Junior IL'ite

You can call women development centers and take their help to file divorce.

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I am really sorry for what you are going through. Its about time you got out of that hellhole. Please collect all evidence of his abuse. Pics of the marks when they are fresh. Report it in the near by police station and take with you witnesses (grown up son should do but neutral neighbors will have more weight).Talk to a lawyer.
    If u are really in pune check this out...started by two lawyers in pune.
    http://www.domesticviolencehelpline.com/

4 people like this.
  7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

The reality is..............available evidence shows kids grown up in such hostile environment, wherein they see their mothers beaten up by their fathers regularly..............suffer mental injury on daily basis. They grow up into abnormal beings as adults.

YOU ARE DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD, TO YOUR KID, BY CONTINUING IN THIS MARRIAGE.

4 people like this.
  8. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

as you are working take help of any of your collegues whom you can trust..zfind a lawyer ASAP..
    technology is soo much advanced ..i guess there are many ways to communicate with ur family..
    send tthem a message through your collegues atleast..

9. indiangirl07

indiangirl07 Senior IL'ite

Yes, even i strongly feel that kids who dont grow up in a healthy realtionship between parents are not normal, and the level of abnormality is directly proportional to the unhealthy relationship between parents...I see this in my husband's case...Please think about this...WIshing you all the best...

10. introspection

introspection Silver IL'ite

If you are in Pune, look for helplines run by noted activist cum lawyer ASIM SARODE ..