Ente chengannuramma/Chengannur Mahadevi

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Meenupanicker, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Ente chengannuramma

Ente Chengannuramma I always chant these words as if they are more powerful than any of those manthras under earth.May be because I am a local to the shonadri or Dakshina kailasam.Eventhough I know am not an expert in all these stuffs am trying to pen down a few lines about Chengannur Mahadeva Temple situated in central Travencore ,Kerala.

The unique festival that is celebrated here only is Triputharattu.The festival is connected with menstrual ceremony which is conducted periodically in the temple.For four days from the day priest find triputhu on Devi’s udayada Devi is shifted to another nada near the devi nada.The usual sheevali (that is prathakshina of Devi and Deva together around the chuttambalam) also not done.Pujas conducted during these four days are very special and Deeparadhana (arathi) is more special.Thalappoli ceremony conducted for welcoming Devi back to Devi nada observe more and more devotees from far off places taking vratham and wait for devi to complete arattu and whole procession return after Devi receiving offerings and showering blessings all over the way to temple.Thala consists of a small steel plate with one half of coconut ,flowers especially arali ,one koovala strand (consisting three leaves),ellu kizhi(to be litted inside coconut),other flowers.Usually red flowers are avoided Devi being not of the Raudra deity.Now a days there is no need to worry about the arrangements since shops are there arranging everything in order.

After Devi returns back to the temple Devan welcomes her back after four days and that moment its said devas would shower flowers down to earth .Then Devan and Devi together complete three pradakshinas around the temple and then comes special puja of kalabhabishekam in the temple.

Here we feel the presence of that divine mother ,bhakthas pray there and mainly ladies and children take thalappoli as offering to God for mangalya bhagya(marriage boon),santhana labdi (to have children) ,good health of husband and all those under earth.They don’t even care for the hot rays of sun making it difficult to complete prathakshina,and those long hours of standing in the procession

The temple situated in the heart of the town chengannur,hardly 1km from Chengannur railway station which is one of the railway stations where devotees stop their rail journey during Sabarimala trip.Temple is constructed several centuries back by the veteran Perunthachan .
    Valiambalam as we call this temple situated 4km from my sweet home was the one we used to visit in between mainly for yearly festival (Arattu),Triputharattu(considered as symbol of fertility),navarathri etc.My sisters being very much younger than me and DF always busy working in far away districts, I had only that much opportunity to visit. In my teenages.I had the first glimpse to history of tthis temple from ithehya mala written by kottarathil Sankunni .Its a very interesting piece of literature covering all those ithehyams connected with temples .The book has one chapter about chengannuramma.
    Then came the days of dedication and prayer towards this mother Goddess who shower blessings taking care of us every moment .I feel always am more attached to chengannuramma and chengannurachan than any other one in the world. I always pray to amma these are the situations through which am going through.I don’t know what I should do or what will be the outcome.So please provide me with mental courage to face it whatever be the result.I feel that courage coming to me and I know its not my own experience when I see other devotees crying and praying to amma.

Whatever I have in my life I have them only with Amma.when I look back all happens to be a mystery for me.Deviamma has provided me with the best and still blesses me inspite of my mistakes.
    I consider her giving me an oppurtunity to write about the temple in IL also as a boon.

For more details about the temple please visit www.mahadevatemple.com

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear meenu

That is the one temple which i wish to have a darshan for so long. Every time I pass throgh this town, by car or train I will think that I have to go there. Now your writing make my desire more to visit the deity. I heard a lot about Chengannur Bhagavathy amma.

Thanks for the information about the temple and about the link you gave.

ganges

3. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Ganga aunty

Devi will help you to be there aunty.Please visit the kshetra during the day of triputhu and be familiar with the customs.Then you can feel what I had written.Your friend at Thiruvalla will have more knowledge.My amma take thala during all the triputharattu.She is a complete devotee of Devi.If you want to know anything more about the temple or arattu I will give you her phone no.
    May Devi bless you

4. shreearuna31

shreearuna31 New IL'ite

would like to know more abt amma . am facing difficult situation in my life .would like to talk your mother or someone who can guide me.

Thanks,

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome to IL Family Shreearuna31 sister,

More Info, personal experience shared by Brother Mohanin, Please read and enjoy in the following link:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/q...gannur-bhagavathy-amman-miracle-personal.html

May BABA bless you in abundance and help your family problems get dissolved. Sairam