1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ennaaaaanga!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Readers,

In this blog, to explain the situation in more practical way, I had to write the conversations in Tamil. This blog is about how people afraid to be themselves in today's modern culture. If you are interested to read the blog in English, kindly drop a comment. I am more than happy to translate it for you.

May I take this oppurtunity to request a help from you? I had the exact intention of the blog in mind. I tried my best to explain that in the last paragraph. But I am not satisfied with that and think it didnt come out well. I think after reading the conversations, you will understand the actual motive of this blog. Could you spend few minutes of your time and write how you would have written it so that it explains how people nowadays live fake life just to show others that they are better?? I thank you all in advance..

Hope you enjoy the blog..

ILoveTulips

Update:

The english translation for this blog is here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/ilovetulips/ennaaaaanga-translation-in-english-3403/

Vasanthy got thrilled that she is going to have dinner in Star hotel for the first time.. She got ready and then prepared her camera for taking as many pictures as possible. Niranjan was getting ready inside. He is not so much thrilled like Vasanthy, but he is little worried about her. He always had a feeling that even though Vasanthy is well educated, she is from a village background. She never worked, so she dont know how to behave sophisticatedly. He thought of advising her but as they are newly married, he felt bad to highlight her negatives so soon. Moreover, she was so excited since morning and he didnt want to upset her. Today it was their wedding treat to his team members. It counted to 28. 22 were his team mates and 6 are their wives.

All set. They were now in hotel and Niranjan was introducing Vasanthy to his team members. She was so surprised to see the crowd and felt proud that her husband is working in a big office. Niranjan wanted her to come in nice salwar but she opted to wear saree. His project manager and his family were the last one to arrive and the whole team were waiting for them. Niranjan invited them and trying to place them somewhere. Just then Niranjan thought that everything is going smooth, Vasanthy called him in loud voice "Ennaaangaaa.... Inga oru chairu irukku... Ipdi vandhu vukkaarunga... " . Poor Vasanthy didnt notice Niranjan's face gone red.

She indeed had good time. The women spoke very well with her. Thrishu & Swarna were the ultra modern girls in Niranjan's team. They always speak in English and wore make up. Niranjan prayed that Vasanthy should behave properly with them at least because he didnt want them to think low of his wife. But she replied in tamil with her own hometown accent for all the questions they asked her in English.

The party was over, they were driving back to home .Vasanthy talked non stop all the way. She told how much she liked the party, all the women.

After coming to home, they couldnt sleep for a while. Niranjan started to pour his anger.

Niranjan: konjamaavadhu decent-a behave panni irukkalaamla???

Vasanthy: Yen?? Ippo enna aachu?

Niranjan: Yen, naan vandhu ukkaaramattenaa? Adhukkulla koopdanumaa???

Vasanthy: Neenga enna thedittu iruppeengalonnu dhaan kooptten..
    Niranjan: Andha rendu ponnungalum unkitta english-la dhaana pesinaanga... Unakku thirumba english-la pesuradhukku enna??? Unga voorru tamil-la dhaan badhil sollanumaa??

Vasanthy: Restroom-la irukkurappo avanga rendu perum Tamil-la dhaan pesikkittaanga... Avangalukkudhaan tamil theriyumlannu naan tamil-la pesinen...

Niranjan: (little shocked) Avangalukku tamil theriyumnu enakku ippodhaan theriyum... sari irundhaalum avanga naalu peru munnaadi englishla pesumbodhu, nee tamil-a pesinaa unakku onnum theriyaadhunnu nenachuppaangala...

Vasanthy: Sari nenachukattum.... adhanaala enna ippo?

Niranjan: Thrishu, Swarna kooda nee adhukkappuram pesiniyaa???

Vasanthy: Aamaanga... rest room-la irukkurappo pesinen... Thrishu-nu pera kettadhum naan avanga peru Thrisha, chellaamaa Thrishu-nu koopdaaraangannu nenachen... .Aana avanga peru "Thirippurasundhari" -yaamey??? Swarna kooda full name "Swarnaambigai" pola. Yen avanga naan peru kekkumbodhu Thrishu, swarna -nu sollanum? Actual peru sollalaamla??

Niranjan: Idhula enna irukku... Style-a irukkatumnu surukki solli irukkaanga... un friends-laam apdi sollamaattaangala enna?

Vasanthy: Enna kooda dhaan en friends-laam "Vasu" nu koopduvaanga... Aana yaaravadhu first time en pera kekkumbodhu naan "Vasanthy" nu dhaan solven. Nalla palaginadhukkappuram avanga surukki kooptuttu poraanga... Avanga pera solradhula perumai dhaana padanum??

Appuram andha ponnu Kavitha pavam yaaru koodayum pesaama thaniya irundhadhu... Yen??

Niranjan: Theriyala... andha ponnu eppavum avvalava yaarukoodayum mingle aagadhu. Indha paartykku koda naan romba compel panna naala dhaan vandhadhu...

Vasanthy: oh... enkodaa konja neram pesittu irundhadhu... nalla dhaan pesinadhu...

Niranjan: Appuram indha ooru, pudhu idam ellaaam pudichadha..??

Vasanthy: Nalladhaan irukku. Aana konjam doubts irukku. Inga irukkura varaikkum naan naana irukka mudiyaadha??

Niranjan: Yen appdi kekkura?

Vasanthy: Paarunga, Thrishu, swarna rendu perum avangaloda unmayaana characters, behaviors-a marachi, veliya mask pottukkuraanga... Appadi panna pudikkaadhavanga, Kavitha maadhiri, pesama kollaaama thaniya irukkraanga... Naan naanaa irukkanumnu nenakkiren. Veliya vesham podavum enakku theriyaadhu, ippo vaazhndhuttu irukkura ovvoru nimishathayum enjoy pannaamalum irukka mudiyaaadhu.... Aana adhu ungalukkey pudikkala... Appanaa inimel naanum Thrishu madhiriyo, illa Kavitha madhiriyo dhaan irukkanumaa?? Naan edhuvum thappa nadakkala; mathavangala insult/hurt pannala; Mathavanga enna pathi enna nenappaangannu varuthamum padala;

In fact the women who attended the party spoke well with Vasanthy and enjoyed her company. They never talked much with the other girls in the previous parties. Niranjan realised that her self confidence and courage made her sophisticated than anybody else. He felt ashamed of his stupidness to make her lose those good characters, force her to wear mask and live a fake life.

2. rnp1112

rnp1112 Bronze IL'ite

hey ..
    I likked it so much .. but I cannt understand tamila t all. could you please translate the coversation in English for me so that I may get the whole idea

waiting eagerly !

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Hey

I liked it :) good job

5. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

What you said is exactly right
    People in urban centres particularly put up a facade and live a false life.
    They may appear very civilized, but deep inside they are the ones who feel secure

I enjoyed it as i could follow tamil

cheers
    suresh

6. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Very well written. We forget our basic nature and pretend to be someone. it happens everywhere. You explained it very well in your writing.
    Good luck in writing.

7. ILoveTulips

Glad you liked it... English translation is coming soon...

I will post it as another blog; editing the same one will reduce readability...

8. ILoveTulips

Hi tuffyshri,

Glad you liked it... Thanks for your comment..

ILoveTulips

9. ILoveTulips

Thanks Raba, Please with your comments

10. ILoveTulips

exactly... another significant point of you...

People behave or act differently because they feel insecured... they dont want the world to know who they actually are... Glad you liked it... Thanks for your comments...

ILoveTulips