1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ennaaaaanga!!!! - Translation in English

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by ILoveTulips, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Readers,

This is the English translation of the blog "http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/ilovetulips/ennaaaaanga-3393/". If you can understand Tamil, I would recommend to read the Tamil version. Thanks for all the readers who supported the blog with their comments.

ILoveTulips

Vasanthy got thrilled that she is going to have dinner in Star hotel for the first time.. She got ready and then prepared her camera for taking as many pictures as possible. Niranjan was getting ready inside. He is not so much thrilled like Vasanthy, but he is little worried about her. He always had a feeling that even though Vasanthy is well educated, she is from a village background. She never worked, so she dont know how to behave sophisticatedly. He thought of advising her but as they are newly married, he felt bad to highlight her negatives so soon. Moreover, she was so excited since morning and he didnt want to upset her. Today it was their wedding treat to his team members. It counted to 28. 22 were his team mates and 6 are their wives.

All set. They were now in hotel and Niranjan was introducing Vasanthy to his team members. She was so surprised to see the crowd and felt proud that her husband is working in a big office. Niranjan wanted her to come in nice salwar but she opted to wear saree. His project manager and his family were the last one to arrive and the whole team were waiting for them. Niranjan invited them and trying to place them somewhere. Just then Niranjan thought that everything is going smooth, Vasanthy called him in loud voice "HONEYYYYYY!!! You have a chair here... Why dont you come here and sit??? " . Poor Vasanthy didnt notice Niranjan's face gone red.

She indeed had good time. The women spoke very well with her. Thrishu & Swarna were the ultra modern girls in Niranjan's team. They always speak in English and wore make up. Niranjan prayed that Vasanthy should behave properly with them at least because he didnt want them to think low of his wife. But she replied in tamil with her own hometown accent for all the questions they asked her in English.

The party was over, they were driving back to home .Vasanthy talked non stop all the way. She told how much she liked the party and all the women.

After coming to home, they couldnt sleep for a while. Niranjan started to pour his anger.

Niranjan: Why cant you behave decently??

Vasanthy: Why?? What happened now???

Niranjan: Dont I know to come and sit there? Why should you call me shouting like that?

Vasanthy: I thought you might be searching for me. That's why I called...

Niranjan: Ok. Didnt those two girls spoke with you in English? Why dont you reply to them in English? Should you have to speak in your country side Tamil??

Vasanthy: When I was in Restroom, those 2 girls were speaking in Tamil. As I knew very well that they can speak Tamil, I spoke to them in Tamil too.. What's wrong in that?

Niranjan: (little shocked) I didnt know that they know Tamil till now. But still, when they speak in English in front of everybody and if you dont, people will think that you dont know anything. Dont they?

Vasanthy: Ok, let them think? What's going to change because of that? Why should we care much about that?

After Niranjan cools down,

Niranjan: Did you speak with Thrishu or Swarna after that???

Vasanthy: Oh yeah. I spoke with them when they were in Restroom. When I first heard the name "Thrishu", I thought her name is "Thrisha" and people have shortened it to "Thrishu". But do you know her original name is "Thirippurasundhari". Even Swarna's full name is "Swarnaambigai". Why should they say their name as "Thrishu", "Swarna" when I asked their name?

Niranjan: I dont see anything wrong in that. People always shorten their name for style. Dont you ever heard those in your friends circle?

Vasanthy: Oh yes. My friends call me "Vasu". But if somebody asks my name for first time, I will tell "Vasanthy". After we get acquainted its their wish to shorten it. I should only be proud about my name, isn't??

Oh then, why did that girl Kavitha, didnt speak much with anybody? She was sitting alone the whole time. Why is that ??

Niranjan: I dont know. Usually she dont mingle with people. She used to be alone all the time. In fact I have to convince a lot and made her to come to the party.

Vasanthy: Oh... She was talking to me for sometime. She spoke nicely, you know...

Niranjan: Ok... By the way, did you liked this new place, new people etc??

Vasanthy: Nothing to complain about the place. But have few doubts about will I be able to be myself as long as I am here...

Niranjan: Why are you saying like that?

Vasanthy: Well, Look for example, Thrishu, swarna had to suppress their own characters and pretend like somebody else by wearing mask all the time.. Those who dont want to behave differently, just keep themselves alone like Kavitha. But I dont want to be like them, I want to be myself. I neither like to pretend for outside world, nor waste wonderful moments of life without enjoying it. But you yourself hate that. So does that mean I have to be either like Thrishu/Swarna or Kavitha? I dont do anything wrong; I dont hurt/insult others; And I dont worry about what people think of me; Is that wrong?

In fact the women who attended the party spoke well with Vasanthy and enjoyed her company. They never talked much with the other girls in the previous parties. Niranjan realised that her self confidence and courage made her sophisticated than anybody else. He felt ashamed of his stupidness to make her lose those good characters, force her to wear mask and live a fake life.

2. rnp1112

rnp1112 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the english translation ..
    this is really good !

3. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

Hey ILT, absolutely loved ur blog.The narration is so gud that I can literally visualise the scenes ..keep it up!

4. ILoveTulips

Hi rnp1112 and tweetyme, THank you for ur comments... Happy that u liked 'em...

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear tulips,
    Lovely narration with a strong message.In urban places among the high and mighty people ,people do wear masks.Nobody forces them to wear a mask but they feel that they have to be this or they have to be that,not realising that they are absolutely fine as they are.

He felt ashamed of his stupidness to make her lose those good characters, force her to wear mask and live a fake life.
    I loved the above line.
    love
    mithila

6. ILoveTulips

Dear Mithila,

Thank you for your comments. I love the way you said the message short and sweet.. exactly they dont realise that they are absolutely fine the way they are... Glad you liked it...

ILoveTulips

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

wowowww

good one sweetheart!! yep many men have this feeling that if their wives dont gel with their friends and colleagues its a insult for the husband.....but the other way round doesnt work...see a women cant complain to a husband that he doesnt behave well in a party full of her office colleague or friends...

sorry didnt mean to divert the point here..but my point was...some men care more about others than their own wives good qualities...I meant only SOME MEN...because I have seen gem of people in such men, who smilingly and lovingly accept their wives as they are...and also proud of them

8. ILoveTulips

No dear you didnt divert the point... you found the unsaid message here... men always find faults when his wife dont behave sophisticatedly... and they dont have patience to tell them too...

nicely pointed out... thanks for your comments Srividya...

ta