1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Enlightenment

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 13, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“In a single moment, in one stroke, you can become enlightened. It is not a gradual process, because enlightenment is not something that you have to invent. It is something that you have to discover. It is already there. It is not something that you have to manufacture. If you have to manufacture it, of course, it will take time; but it is already there. Close your eyes and see it there. Be silent and have a taste of it. Your very nature is what I call enlightenment. Enlightenment is not something alien, outside you. It is not somewhere else in time and space. It is you, your very core

All days are not the same. Some days you feel everything is easy and you can do anything. But when you fall sick you feel you cant do anything. Everything seems difficult in this world. That was how I was feeling since two days. Before that I was fully confident about myself and kept myself logging in , making jewellery etc. But when I was feeling sick I thought I wont be able to do anything. Heat was also troubling too much. Luckily I could get sleep in the night. On Saturday when I got up I thought I wont be able to do anything. But somehow did the cooking. When my maid came she was saying take rest and dont go anywhere . I told her I have to go to the temple. So wen tto the temple then whole day took rest.Evening did not go out to buy flowers. Somehow made adai and gve my husband and I had rice. Due to heat my body was itching and burning. I put Dermicool but still feeling uneasy. Then yesterday took oil bath and was feeling ok. Though still tireness was there.

Today morning when I got up also I was feeling sick and had hot and sour soup and felt better and finished th ecooking Today had to go to the Agent for renewing Fixed Deposit , it was necessary for me also to go to the Agent. He went first as he had to meet his friend in the bank. I had to take photo copies so went later. While climbing the bridge my right leg slipped and luckily since I was catching I did not fall down. The AGent's office was a little far and since first time we were going after they shifted was feeling when the office will come Finsished all the work there, luckily got auto easily and came home. My husband knowing my state brought cold water fo rme too.

When I get sick I feel how I will continue my remaining years. Hope God gives me strength to carry on my duties till I am there.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Rihana, vaidehi71, ashima10 and 2 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very nice one. We need to look inside instead of always searching for happiness and enlightenment outside.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear after I typed the quote I dont know how it got posted and never expected your feedback so fast. /read the remaining part. Thanks dear for the first feedback

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, drink a lot of tender coconut water, buttermilk and kokum sarbat to keep cool. The heat can really drain out all you energy. I can understand how you felt. When one feels ill, it feels as if one will never be able to do anything and never get better. But this feeling goes as soon as one feels a bit better. Also drink chilled milk instead of hot coffee. Try and avoid too much of hot drinks in the heat.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

In madras from March last week it is scorching like anything.Though agni nakshatram is stated to have passed,heat still remains.We are totally drained of energy.Only the diluted buttermilk with salt and perungayam keeps us alright.Added to the woes, powercut is there between 10.30 to 12 midnight daily and the sleep gets disrupted.Many days we sleep in the open terrace.
    In these days,thieves are very shrewd and if they smell we go upstairs,the ground floor may be looted.Nothing is enjoyable.
    Jayasala 42

iyerviji likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Satchi dear . I am also trying all possible ways. Thanks for your concern

satchitananda likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True dear I feel the heat is more than when it was agninakshatram I think. This year only I have felt it is too much. It rained on Saturday , then no rains. Sorry to know about the powercut.

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Take Care, Vijima...

iyerviji and ashima10 like this.
  9. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Take care and rest at home.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

iyerviji likes this.
  10. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

@vijiji... How is your leg? Be careful with the heat, age .Do not worry ..you will be fine . God is always there .

iyerviji likes this.