Enjoy reading, music and Delhi's cultural hot spots

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by shubra, Jan 16, 2009.

1. shubra

shubra New IL'ite

Hi there,

I enjoy reading and music of all kinds and like watching plays and visiting art galleries and museums in Delhi! Would like to get in touch with Indus Ladies who enjoy similar interests.:coffee

Shubra

2. aahna

aahna New IL'ite

I am really glad to hear about your interest, because I have the same kind of likings. Though I stay in Maharashtra and haven't visited Delhi for the past 5 years, I still have a fresh memory of the National Rail Museum, the craft museum. The mystic world of trains unfolds its magic in the sprawling campus right in the middle of the city, the ink drawings on parchments. I think a lot must have changed in the past 5 years. Ki tussi Mainu thodi hor jankari de sakde ho 'Dilwalo ki Delhi' de vare vich. Delhi di vaddi yaad andi hai.

Aahna

3. aniita

aniita New IL'ite

Hi, i stay in mauritius, but i love delhi because i studied there some 13 years back. I still do remember dilli's chole batore, even today, i sometimes dream that i'm eaing chole batore. Funny, isn't it? Loved Gole Gappe as well... and Nimbu paani with kaala namak. First i didn't like kaalaa namak, then gradually i liked it, and then, lived it...And all the cool places and shoppings...My kind of place Discotheque...and above all, the student life there, staying as paying guest, Pranking...having loads of fun with friends... Kya zamana tha!

4. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

I am glad to hear of your interest in Delhi's galleries. The National Gallery of Modern Art, Near India Gate in New Delhi has been in the news lately. Smt Sonia Gandhi, chairperson of the UPA unveiled its new gallery. NGMA is now showcasing "In the seeds of time" which traces Art in India through the centuries. You get to see Indian masters right from Rabindra Nath Tagore, Abanindranath Tagore, Raja Ravi Varma, Jehangir Sabvala,F N Souza, Bengal School of Art, as well as early British painters and even Amrita Shergill's nudes. It is indeed a splendid show and a lot of hard work seems to have gone in putting up the show.Its a wonderful show to inaugrate the new wing of NGMA. I have also learnt that a few more shows are all lined up.