English school options at Suwon, South Korea

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by map2986, Aug 9, 2012.

1. map2986

map2986 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Can anyone please help me with the list of English teaching schools in Suwon, Seoul? We are moving to South Korea by next month and my husband is going to work for Samsung. We are looking for possible English teaching Kindergarten options for my 3.5 yr old kid. Highly appreciate the help.

2. archkrish

archkrish New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am in the same boat as you were last year:)...Kindly guide me if you have already landed in South Korea...where did you stay by the way ...we are planning to stay in Dongton and my husband is also working in Samsung....

3. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry to digress from the post but can you guys please tell me how work life balance is in Samsung? DH got offer..we are not sure whether to accept or not..? Thanks

4. archkrish

archkrish New IL'ite

Hi,
    We also done a lot of RnD for this....the working hour in Samsung varies according to the department....If someone working in Hardware division..the work hours can be extreme..but if someone works in South Korea office in s/w division, the work hours are preptty same as in India for other companies...like 9-10 hrs daily...samsung pay for extra work after 8hrs , so ppl generally do overtime to get more money...all depends on ur own choice...my husband joined recently ...so can not tell u more in this stage....but this is what i from my research...

1 person likes this.
  5. archkrish

archkrish New IL'ite

Hi Kittu,
    We enquired in one of the schools and it has waiting going on...so we exploring other options too...
    It would be good if someone provide me just a rough idea about the schools...btw the fees of international schools is too high ....4500$/semesterthinkingsmiley

6. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the info..have sent you a PM..pls reply..also isnt kid's education free? i thought Samsung sponsored for that??

7. archkrish

archkrish New IL'ite

No its not free like USA...I am not sure...but there is some concession from samsung side...but after that also it is costly only...I am not fully sure but again...there are so many employees in Samsung...so there must be waiting too...thats my guess...even in gym there is a long waiting list:)
    Education is tough thing in Korea...and on Internet there is no much information regarding this...If you get to know sth please let me know