1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Engaging Children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 4, 2020.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

HI @Caughtinbetween
    Yes. Unfortunately we relied on these to get some break to get our work done. However, once this habit has begun do not deny it completely for now.
    Draw up a time table and allot perhaps 1 hour TV in the am and 1 hour at 3-4 pm. Slowly reduce it if want to.
    But to enforce this you must have something more interesting to divert the child. That is the key. Also spend a few minutes with the child (this may be difficult while working) to get her going, if possible.
    No worries. It is never too late to start again. Children like structure, and to be guided. They find comfort in these. So begin using a timetable. Be relaxed about the time table in terms of a few minutes here and there. Play time, reading time, nap time, meal times, exercise time, tv time - there you have it.

Be patient and enjoy yourself these precious moments watching your child learn and grow.

Best wishes.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Anushaseelam

Anushaseelam New IL'ite

Hello sir/madam,

my daughter is 5years old and I’m searching for online tutor who could teach phonics and help her learn reading...could someone please suggest a good trainer..I have been searching since a long time but couldn’t find one..pleaseee do reply

thank you

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Anushaseelam,

I don't know anyone who can teach phonics online. If I come across anyone, I will post it here.