1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Enforcing Money power on Kids

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Aug 13, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamal,

Your words are true.

2. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    What you have writeen is true. We must do something to stop thiese attitudes. But for this parents need to sober down.Now a days birthday parties are so hi-fi. Sometimes you would wonder if u are at a kids` party or where are you. For birthday parties people invite 150 -200 people. They host them in 5 star hotels.I would say it is the affluent attitude and high society attitude that is spoiling children. I wish to bring up my child the way we were brought up, learning to manage with what there is and not have the airs and attitudes.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear mals
    you have written a great article. i totally accept. its the change of times. we have brought our son up with our values and he is very decnt but he is in the minority. sometimes i wonder should i have raised him like the ones you describe. bec. these kids will be successful and i worry about mine.:confused:

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai mals

just ttoday i read this thread, ur true , i have faced this problem, even i failed to teach value of money to my son, (ofcourse, i teached hi, but he didnt took it serious) feeling shy and bad

Pls help me out to get rid of this matter, give me tips

latamurali

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi lata,

Dont be shy. there is nothing wrong. all kids are like that. but you keep on telling them at appropriate times it will work out.

First get both of you a money box. with lock and key. ask him to put a few coins in it and you also can do the same. ( For every Rs.10 i spend i put 1 rupee in my box.)

On his birthday, just bring home the application form, fill it up and show him that now he has a bank account. start an account. and tell him the more he saves, the more money will be there in the account....

Ask him to count the amount he spends while eating all the junks...(not teasing.) so slowly he will realise. but dont push it into his mind.

Hope it helps....

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai my deares shanthi

Thank u so much for ur immidiate reply

He already have his piggy bank, he used to drop moeny in that whoever gives him and also ask us to put some money, or whereever he find money(ofocurse in my place) he will took that immidiately to put inhis piigy bank

But, he used to nag us if he want something, and he wants that immidiately also, sometimes we used to get him , if its really worthy item , atitmes we may feel it is utter waste to get that and it also costs too.much, but he will cry shout ............etc i used to explain him politely(only for sometime!!!!!)

But his dad, will get that for him , inspite of my shouting (he wants to give his child whatever he wants since he didnt get thiose things in his childhood)

Iam helpless, iam also ready and affordable to get him whatever he wants but i very much want him to preserve and use that properly, but got fed up with him in this matter ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, shanthi, pls dont mistake me, and try to understand my feelings , in all topics u may feel that iam degrading my son and keep on telling soemthing about him, iam doing so, sincd I LUV HIM TO THE CORE AND HE IS MY ONLY SON AND EXPECTING HIM TO BE PERFECT IN EVERYTHING ,LEARN EVERYTHING

GOT ME

LATAMURALI

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,

It is a sad state of affairs indeed. In India, the glaring differences between the well to do and the poor is shocking, to put it mildly. When I hear what sort of 'pocket money' some youngsters are given, my mouth falls open! To be very honest, both my husband and myself do not simply enjoy eating at the so called 'five star' hotels in India because the amount you pay for the same naan -curry combination there is atrocious! We cannot digest it..nor the food !!
    Come to think of it, it is the same in any country I guess, the rich eat the green notes while others eat food :) Perhaps, the difference is more obvious in a country like India as the middle class man lives in close proximity with his rich neighbours, very often sending the children to the same school.
    I think we owe it to our kids and their future to teach them to respect money and its value. Also, teach them Good Manners.
    I know, easily said than done.....

L, Kamla

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,

There are very few people who imbibe such qualities in their children, whilst most of them struggle to make their kids understand that their parents are super parents and can win the world for them.. WE used to assume our parents are super parents and as we grew older we were strong with our values and appreciated their superlative powers, whilst today it is imposed on them... that they are the richest..................

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

Hi beautiful, howz you... !!!!

You have hit the chord right... In India, the rich and the poor live together and the visual discrimination is drilled in the head too.... The poor lives with complexes and the rich spends all his life searching for a reason to give complexes to others....

Children are heavily spoilt today and the scene is damaging...

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priyauc,

You are absolutely right, today even a toddlers birthday bash is in 3 star or five star hotels, with video shoots etc... To give all luxuries to children is no harm but to imbibe values in them is mandatory as they are going to be the future of not only the nation but also their parents.... Which they tend to forget......