Endometriosis and Conceiving

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Apu3012, May 8, 2007.

1. Apu3012

Apu3012 New IL'ite

Hi shalini ,

As you said you had your laproscopy done . I am also advised by Doc to have it done as my cyst is too large . I have few doubts ..
    1. Is Laproscopy bit risky ?
    2.in laproscopy , how do they remove cyst .Do they puncture it or shrink it ?
    3. will my periods stop after lapro .
    4. Can i take chance the very next month after lapro for conception?
    5.After how may months did ur friends conceive after lapro?

Actually i m very much tensioned .. So just want advise from a person who has already gone through such phase. :) ..Waiting for your reply

Luv
    Aparajita

2. Mansi2007

Mansi2007 New IL'ite

Hi Aprajita,

Good questions. I know how u feel as you don't know whatz going to happen..whatz next for u.

Laprscopy is very common procedure carry out to find out condition of your reproductive orgon. Especially if doc thinks that female may be suffering from endo (normally they suspect it from common symptoms but it's quite possible that u don't have any symptoms but still suffers from endo same as me. No symptoms like painful periods and intercourse.) During Lap doc make small hole near ur belly button through which they insert small camera to check ur reproductiv orgons. If they found any scars they just burns it by laser. So you will get some stiches. You will be on antibiotics for 3-4 days. It wouldn't affect your monthly cycle. If ur results are ok doctor will allow u to try in same month.
    I don't know anyone personally who concieved after a laproscopy. But my RE told me that normal couple has 20% chance of conceiving every month. Endo reduces it to 2-3 %. So if you go for a IUI it improves ur chance to 17-19%. I know these are empty figure finally it's matter of luck just ... gambling.

But if you ask me I will advice you to go for IUI after lap.

Hope I did answer all ur questions. Bye. take care and stay calm.

Regards
    Ashwini

1 person likes this.
  3. Apu3012

Apu3012 New IL'ite

Thanks So much ashwini .. U have really been my great support .
    Thanks a ton ..

1 person likes this.
  4. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

HI Aparajita..Hope I can help answer these questions as well.
    1. I think u must go to a good doctor, its not risky but if you have endo around you bowels doc needs to be careful.
    2. I am not sure about cyst as I just had endo, maybe they remove it or shrink it.
    3. No it does not. It came for me normal time..it was quite painful the first few months but not so bad after that. My cousin on the other hand said all her pain stopped after the lap, so each one is different.
    4. Ask doctor, I did try but wasnt successful.
    5. I think it was about three months that they conceived. I am not so lucky but I believe in having positive attitude!!!!!

Also I had two cuts one on navel and about 8-10cm below. You would have some bleeding, I did not get antibiotics just painkillers. I had it on a thurs and was back at work on Mon. Take note of possible shoulder pain after the lap..dont get scared as its common. I hope that I have helped you. You prob dont have endo just the cyst to remove. Take care and let us know when u go in.

Shalina

5. Apu3012

Apu3012 New IL'ite

Hi Shalini,

Thank you so much for these answers .
    I'll definately let u know once get my lap done.

Thanks a ton

-Aparajita

6. Apu3012

Apu3012 New IL'ite

Hi ,

Can you tell me one more thing . Do they give anesthesia before laproscopy .
    & IF yes .Where do they give that injection .Is it very pailnful . I heard from my friends that anesthetic injection is given on the spinal chord .is it true ?
    I am really scared after I heard this.
    U can u please tell me in detail ??

-Aparajita

7. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

Nooo..thats an epidural for birth.
    This anesthetic is given thru the vein on your arms. Its not that painful and next thing you are waking up and its all over.
    I made a mistake earlier, the second cut is actually lower then 8 cm, its basically above your pubic bone. Discuss all this with ur doc so you know what to expect once you come out. Some may get three cuts.

With me, I went into theatre and by the time I was wheeled into the operating room the anesthesis and my doctor had come to visit me, once inside you are put on the table they talk to you while anaesthetis checks your vitals and gently puts in the needle..he then tells u that you will feel some numbness etc etc. Also remember that they give you oxygen and your vital signs are always being monitered. So dont be scared that sumthing will happed to u under aneasthetic. This is the way it was done with me neway.

4 people like this.
  8. Mridulah

Mridulah New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I also had endometriosis and a miscarriage, came to know about this only after 3 years of marriage. I had apendicitis operation done when I was 19 years old and as a result my fallopian tube on the right was coiled and the ovary was damaged so only one ovary was functioning properly . I had put on 10kgs of weight in 3 years so I just did a general check up and was shocked to hear this result. This happened in May 2005. MY doctor, suggested that I reduce this excess weight and asked me to continue to take folic acid and sustem for 6 months. I used to walk a lot, egg lot of vegetables and fruits and ate only white of the egg.

In January 2006 I conceived and delivered a male child in September last year.

All that I did was reduced about 8 kgs of weight and carried my life with 100% positive attitude. It is very very important to be very confident and positive and not to become disheartened. Be positive and leave it to God you will soon see good results.

I wanted you all to feel a ray of hope thats why I mentioned this.
    Love,
    Mridulah

9. anuvarada

anuvarada Bronze IL'ite

Endometriosis and getting pregnant

Hi friends, i would like to know if anyone in the group had a history of endometriosis and then able to conceive and have a baby?? I had a case of endometriosis(a cyst) when i was in college which was operated thru laproscopy. Now i'm married for 4 yrs and we are trying to have a baby for the past few months. I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar history and doing well. I'm staying in Uk now and so still have not met a gyn as its not like in India. Also if anyone knows abt the rules in UK can you pls let me know.

I would really appreciate all your lovely opinions and advice on the same. I pray to God that we should be blessed with a babyy soon.

expecting your replies.

thanks,
    Anu

10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Re: Endometriosis

hi anu

first u have to go to the GP who will direct u to the gynaecology.

have u been registred with a GP in your place?

take care