Endo Biopsy Results - positive for plasma cells

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by indianlady17, Feb 20, 2013.

1. indianlady17

indianlady17 Bronze IL'ite

All,

I had my endo biopsy done on CD13 last week.
    The doc office called me this morning saying that there is some inflammation and the results show positive for Plasma cells and they also found traces on polyps from the tissue retrieved.

The doctor is prescribing the following:
    Levaquin - 500mg - once a day - 10 days
    Flagyle - 500 mg - twice a day - 10 days

Anybody faced the above problem. What was the treatment given? Did it work fine.

I was worried and the nurse said this is a very common result that we see in a biopsy.
    She said I have to take these meds and call the office again as soon as my next periods start. They will schedule a biopsy again. More than anything, I am worried about repeating my biopsy as the last one was extremely painful.

Please respond with your thoughts.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013

2. luvlyroses

luvlyroses Gold IL'ite

dear indianlady
    I dont have any idea about the medicines you mentioned.
    I just wish and pray that everything works out fine for you. May God bless you soon!

I will be undergoing hysteroscopy next week to rule out any uterine problems since I have had failed IVFs earlier and planning for one next month. Not sure if the biopsy you mentioned is same.

Good luck to you!

3. indianlady17

Hi Luvlyrose

Good luck with the hysteroscopy.

Biopsy and hysteroscopy are different.

Hysteroscopy - is to look inside the utreus to confirm that you dont have fibroids or polyps.
    Biopsy - they take a sample of the endometrial tissue and analyse to see if there is any inflammation/abnormality.

The doc recommended that I go thro both hysteroscopy and biopsy, but I asked him to waive the hysteroscopy for now and would go thru couple of IUIs. and if they fail, I thought about going thru hysetroscopy.

But now, from the results of the biopsy, they say they where able to see some polyp tissues in my biopsy sample. So not sure if the doc will waive the hysteroscopy.

We come under unexplained infertility and havent discussed or decided any treatment plan.
    Have gone through a few clomid cycles and they all failed.

If you dont mind, can you tell me the reason you are going thru IVF.

Thanks.

4. indianlady17

All,

Can someone please let me know if you know anything about the positive result for plasma cells when they had endo biopsy. What was the treatment for that?

Thanks

5. luvlyroses

luvlyroses Gold IL'ite

Hi indianlady,
    oh ok... I think the doc is doing biopsy as well for me. Yet to meet the person who will be doing the procedure.

I was diagnosed with PCOS. Have a long history of TTC with no success.. so IVF is the only option for us.

Hope someone here answers your questions
    take care

6. indianlady17

Hi Luvlyrose,

Even I had PCOS. But currently the blood work and u/s doesnt show that I have it.
    I had slightly higher testosterone and had insulin resistance. It is well controlled now.
    I took Homeo meds for some time and that helped a lot.
    I ovulate regularly and get periods regularly once in 30 days. Taking medication of hypothyroid.
    Have been TTC from day 1 of our marriage and it is 5 yrs now without any success.
    I will be 32 yrs old in the next few months and worried about that.

My husband wanted to start the treatment 2 yrs back ,but I always thought I will be able to conceive naturally and kept postponing.

After taking the above meds I have to repeat my biopsy and then schedule an appt to decide if IUI or IVF is the best option for me.

Will include you in my prayers.

Thanks.

7. luvlyroses

luvlyroses Gold IL'ite

Ah.. I can very well understand what these 5 years have been for you. Please dont worry and stress. Take things as it comes. you are in my prayers too. take care

We have been TTC since 6 years. I am already 33. Had taken more than 2 years break after my failed iVF. Needed the break actually to come out of all the physical and emotional trauma gone through the treatments. but this time I am more cheerful. hoping to start the treatment on positive thoughts. if all my results are fine. then my IVF may be in april/may.

8. indianlady17

Nobody faced this from the endo biopsy results?
    The nurse said it is very common.
    But looks like no IL faced this.
    I am really worried.

I have to start the meds today. Looking at the side effects of the meds, I am really tensed and thinking even if I should take them.

Please help.

9. Kannon

Kannon New IL'ite

Hi,

I know this is almost 3 months old post.
    Have you done the second endometrial biopsy after taking antibiotic medicine?

I have had positive result and had 2weeks antibiotic(cravit 500mg).
    And took another endometrial biopsy was also positive...:thumbsdown
    Dr. said I have inflammation, and "maybe" polyps...

Now Dr. is asking me to take another 2 weeks antibiotic (she recommend) or take D&C(dilation and curettage).
    I am thinking to take D&C because I hate endometrial biopsy, it's TOO much pain and traumatic stress! And since I never seen BFP in my life(TTC 3y), I need something to do I think.

I was wondering what happen after you take antibiotic medicine.
    Hope everything is OK!
    Also would like to know anyone else had positive result from endometrial biopsy?

10. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

I am not sure whther i ma posting right place.
    My friend alos done biopsy 4 months back and found "Infection in the uterus".She is on antibiotics for 6 months.she is on TTC ALMOST 5 years.Had a miscarriage and an ectopic ,docter told the reason for not conceiving and ectopic could be the "Infection in the uterus".

How long did you took medication?