1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

empty nest syndrome

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by joylokhi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

just finished reading Mrs. Chitra viswanathan's article in this month's 'kumdham snegithi' of Manjula ramesh's in tamil on the above topic and how she coped with the same. I would recommend all who know tamil to surely read the same, for the sheer positive spirit in which she turned her lonely phase into such a productive one by opening her cookery blog etc and we all know how wonderful a ready reference it is for all of us.
    I am in a similar situation she was in , in her sixties and have the same thoughts she has expressed. Happy that our children have found their vocations/ homes and it is for us to find ways to keep ourselves connected with our children through love and understanding without imposing ourselves on them.
    Mrs. Chitra, your life is a true lesson in successful/ graceful living. I do not know where exactly this should go, and posting it here in snippets.

sindmani likes this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Joylokhi,

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting her a few years back thanks to Cheeniya Sir. Her cheerfulness, hospitality, readiness to speak to total strangers, keeping herself engaged non-stop on activities, maintaining a wonderful app to make young and old men and women learn so many recipes, etc. are great qualities.

She is such an icon with a great level of humility and there is so much to learn from her.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing Joy dear, she is a great person. Your post is like a tribute to her on Women's day

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear joylokhi,

I have had the pleasure of knowing her personally a bit more. No not from elsewhere but from right here on IL! She has been that sounding board that I need and has always been very receptive of my calls and sounds cheerful even though she got to know me only through online forum and no I am not into cooking at all :) But she has been there for me...always! I have had the pleasure of meeting her as well. I for one, am happy to have found her. @ChitVish, chitra aunty, loads of love and :hatsoff

1 person likes this.